Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What were you doing when you heard Veronica Guerin was shot?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't have a clue what I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I was in the Gaeltacht in Conamara and I was only 14, didn't know who she was but I knew it must have been a big deal because we hadn't heard any other news the whole 3 weeks we were there, but we were told this particular piece of news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

remember getting a phonecall from a bud in the Cork Examiner a good 15 mins before it went live on the news - eary feeling, RIP Veronica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I was like 5 or something, so in Primary school eating dirt of some kind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i was 11 so i do not remember tbh

weirdly enought i cant remember where i was when i heard about 9/11

though i have a slight memory of when diana died!

thats my input :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Had just arrived home from my last day of primary school. Was in great form altogether, running around the back garden (for some reason). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

I was at home watching the France-Czech Republic match in Euro '96 and after that ended I heard about Veronica Guerin on the 6.01 news.

Just googled it there to verify

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I have no idea, it wasn't of personal importance to me however I distinctly remember where I was when I heard that Father Ted had died, my brother woke me up on the Sunday morning to tell me when the news broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I think I was eating prunes when I heard about the shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I have no idea, it wasn't of personal importance to me however I distinctly remember where I was when I heard that Father Ted had died, my brother woke me up on the Sunday morning to tell me when the news broke.

Funny, I was going to mention that in my post. :) I heard after Sunday Mass when I was getting my "Here's your treat for going to Mass" chocolate bar from the folks. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Most of the posters on AH probably hadn't even been born yet.:pac:

I was in college at the time, just finished my summer exams. I think I was coming down off a (bad) acid trip when I heard that Veronica had been shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Most of ther posters on AH probably hadn't been born yet.:pac:

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I was nine years old, and I remember being annoyed with my Mum because she was watching the news coverage and iI wanted a lift to my friend's house.

She kept saying "in a minute later10, in a minute" and I kept thinking "what a selfish cow; does she not know I have PGA European Tour to be playing on the Mega Drive?" My friend had a very small games collection.

I think I gathered that something significant had happened. But at that moment, all I took in was the image of the red sportscar, and being really pissed with my Mum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Doing whatever it is crazy seven year old kids do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

later10 wrote: »
    being really pissed with my Mum.

Yeah, I was pissed with her too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Pissmire

Ah if she only stuck to harassing defenceless incest victims instead of bad men with guns all this could have been avoided. Was on a polar expedition when it happened.

Advertisement