Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curls for elbow pain

Options
  • 21-01-2012 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Why do curls work so well in alleviating elbow pain from squats etc? I only started curling as a remedy a few weeks ago and I've felt no pain since.

I'm happy that they work, but I was just wondering why?

On a similar note, do hamstring curls lessen knee aches and pains?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

DamienH wrote: »
    Why do curls work so well in alleviating elbow pain from squats etc? I only started curling as a remedy a few weeks ago and I've felt no pain since.

I'm happy that they work, but I was just wondering why?

On a similar note, do hamstring curls lessen knee aches and pains?

I've been saying it for years but no idea why - I just know it works! If I was to guess I'd say it's actually to do with balancing the pressing volume and tricep work in peoples training. And that the problem just manifests while squatting.

As for knees - probably not. Better off looking towards glute med/max activation, Hip/ankle mobility, ITB tightness and VMO activation. Of course assuming you're not just thrashing them with loads of running and/or poor squat tekkers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Thanks for that. I don't have any knee trouble but I was just wondering if it would be the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Is it not just because they're elbow flexors and most people do a **** ton of pressing?

That and getting the joint warm with relatively low weights?

Advertisement