Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd visa travel insurance??

Options
  • 21-01-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just a quick question;

I'm in the process of getting insurance for going to oz at the end of year now in case any airline etc goes bust I can get money back but if I intend to stay in oz for 2 years, should I take out 24 months cover with backpackerstravelinsurance.ie. They seem to be the only company offering this.

What does everyone else do for medical cover etc when they take out a 2nd visa because I know you can't take out insurance from an Irish company when in oz and most oz companies I see are for Australian nationals only.

Also, I assume you need to pay for worldwide cover if I want to be covered for 6 weeks in Asia??
    Anyone have any advise on this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

you can extend your insurance while in australia as long as you do it before your insurance expires

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

im going for the backaperstravel.....ie insurance seems to be the best deal but the cover isnt the best kinda bare minimum but better than none lol

Advertisement