Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DTT - but no PC available, only Mac

Options
  • 21-01-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

We've a Driver Theory Test coming up in the family very shortly - but we have no PC available to us as we only have Macs; and we don't know anyone with a PC we could access/borrow. Does anyone know if they allow you use the CD in a library? or if the DTT is online? as they don't have a Mac version.

Grateful for any advise or help!

Thanks
    JC

I did do a search but couldn't find anything recent since the new DTT, and old links didn't work....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Really don't know anyone else with a pc? thats mad :P

My local library allows CD's but you have to ask them before hand, They have the driver theory test CD there already so maybe yours will too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

No Mac Version? Disgraceful!

You could install Ubuntu and run it under Wine perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thanks for your very fast answers! Knew I'd get a bit of a slagging. I'm not a computer nerd by any means, so "Ubuntu under Wine" ???? Anyway, I'll* try Google to find out how, and seriously and sincerely thanks!

*on second thoughts, I'll get the youngster onto this......

(But really I wonder is this a bit of a money spinner for them? Not to put the DTT online?)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

(But really I wonder is this a bit of a money spinner for them? Not to put the DTT online?)

Without a doubt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Look for a Windows emulator for Mac.

I did a quick google and got CrossOver, never heard of it or used it as I've always been a PC person. Do some checking to see if it's legit or if there are better options

• Advertisement
Advertisement