Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C. Economics- What to Study?

• 21-01-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Firstly to Mods, i'm not looking for hints or spoilers about the Mock, just advice about what's important to study, and so on.

Hi, sitting my Economics mock in School on the 9th of February and am doing the subjects outside of school so i'm just looking for any advice about what I should learn for the mock. Would be hoping for a B2 or higher in Honours to bring up my points if at all possible.

I was thinking of learning the following, would it be enough do you think?
    • Short Questions 1996-2011
    • Demand & Supply
    • Elasticity
    • Land, Labour, Enterprise
    • Perfect/Imperfect Competition and Monopoly
    • Government and Economy (National Debt, Tax, Government Finance, Economic Aims/Policies, Conflicting Objectives)
    • National Income
    • Trade
    • History of Keynes, Smith and Ricardo.
    Any suggestions are truly appreciated, thanks for any help in advance guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭John Sugrue

Firstly to Mods, i'm not looking for hints or spoilers about the Mock, just advice about what's important to study, and so on.

Hi, sitting my Economics mock in School on the 9th of February and am doing the subjects outside of school so i'm just looking for any advice about what I should learn for the mock. Would be hoping for a B2 or higher in Honours to bring up my points if at all possible.

I was thinking of learning the following, would it be enough do you think?
    • Short Questions 1996-2011
    • Demand & Supply
    • Elasticity
    • Land, Labour, Enterprise
    • Perfect/Imperfect Competition and Monopoly
    • Government and Economy (National Debt, Tax, Government Finance, Economic Aims/Policies, Conflicting Objectives)
    • National Income
    • Trade
    • History of Keynes, Smith and Ricardo.
    Any suggestions are truly appreciated, thanks for any help in advance guys!

In theory, you have enough there to be able to do a mock (unless a very strange selection of topics comes up).

My only concern would be why you are doing three of the four Factors of Production (capital?) and three of the four Market Structures (oligopoly?). I would advise you to learn those as they are just as common as the others.

Advertisement