Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying in Adare - House Prices

Options
  • 21-01-2012 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows the story with the Village in Adare. Was thinking of buying a 3 bed house there but just wondering if anyone is aware of the kind of prices recently paid.

The estate is "The Village" down beside the Pitch and Putt course. The estate agent is giving one price and despite the long history "of honesty and integrity" displayed by estate agents I don't entirely trust her.

ASking prices vary between €250,000 for a shell and €285,000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

Rumour has it that houses are ACTUALLY selling at one-third below asking.

The long-term average house price in Ireland trends at circa 160K - you can google for graphs showing this info.

So for Adare, I would guess that 160K would be a fair price for a finished "average" house e.g. 3-bed semi.

Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭kentreaper

dolus wrote: »

Just wondering if anyone knows the story with the Village in Adare. Was thinking of buying a 3 bed house there

The estate is "The Village" down beside the Pitch and Putt course

This estate is now on the list of properties that are exempt from the Household Charge - and I too am trying to get a feel for current prices there and the market generally. Looks OK, but local agents seem to be all saying something different.

:pac:

Advertisement