Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a 20 year old Star Trek game contain the secrets to a fantastic Action Adventure

Options
  • 21-01-2012 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/16051/classic-adventure-gaming/
    Can a 20 year old Star Trek game contain the secrets to a fantastic Action Adventure game for anyone? Well I think so, and in this episode I’ll attempt to make my case!
    Why I think Star Trek the 25th Anniversary has the key ingredients to a great game!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I remember that game, loved it, there was another one which the name escapes me

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Gator wrote: »
    I remember that game, loved it, there was another one which the name escapes me

I think it was called Judgement Rites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I had Starfleet Academy on the snes, blew me away at the time.

stacademy.png

Speaking of games, one of my regrets is never getting around to playing this. I must revisit it at some point, getting it running under W7x64 is probably easier said than done though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

I had this one. Grand game. Unfortunately well into it the game crashed and I could never get it to play beyond that point.

• Advertisement

Underdraft wrote: »

I had this one. Grand game. Unfortunately well into it the game crashed and I could never get it to play beyond that point.

A Final Unity? It was good, quite good actually

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

EnterNow wrote: »
    Speaking of games, one of my regrets is never getting around to playing this. I must revisit it at some point, getting it running under W7x64 is probably easier said than done though :)

I had that game, 6 bloody disk install. I could only play so far then it would bug out on me :/

Twas fun though :)

azezil wrote: »
    I had that game, 6 bloody disk install. I could only play so far then it would bug out on me :/

Twas fun though :)

I had the pc version of Starfleet Academy, same story it was a six disc install. Then Chekov's lost missions was another one or two.

Great in its day though, it took the SNES Starfleet Academy & made it much,much bigger & more realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Loving the vids, they're great. Keep em coming :)

Here's the pc version of Starfleet Academy I mentioned above, it was circa 1995 or so, so expect some cheese. I remember it as enjoyable though. You choose your responses & it shapes the way the game plays out. The combat sections were good though, you could target specific ship sections such as nacelles etc & it would damage that subsystem appropriately.

Both of those,the PC & SNES were just precursors to the daddy of all starship command games though. I give you, Star Trek Bridge Commander. Great game in its own right, but it's been HEAVILY expanded upon by modders. They've added everything from ships, races, missions, crew, bridges...right down to new subsystems & power management features. It's amazing work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

EnterNow wrote: »
    Here's the pc version of Starfleet Academy I mentioned above, it was circa 1995 or so, so expect some cheese. I remember it as enjoyable though. You choose your responses & it shapes the way the game plays out. The combat sections were good though, you could target specific ship sections such as nacelles etc & it would damage that subsystem appropriately.

Both of those,the PC & SNES were just precursors to the daddy of all starship command games though. I give you, Star Trek Bridge Commander. Great game in its own right, but it's been HEAVILY expanded upon by modders. They've added everything from ships, races, missions, crew, bridges...right down to new subsystems & power management features. It's amazing work

I used to love playing multiplayer mod games, some freakin awesome ships. Might install it again when I get home :D

Advertisement