Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does any body know

Options
  • 21-01-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Can the wood stock on a cz 452 in a 22lr be changed for a synthetic stock and how much roughly would it cost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Can the wood stock on a cz 452 in a 22lr be changed for a synthetic stock and how much roughly would it cost

Yes it can, I'm sure you will pick up a factory synthetic stock off somebody for handy money but if you are looking for something aftermarket there is an Aics style stock you can get.

Stakelums have one for sale but I'm not sure of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Have been curious about changing the stock on a CZ452 also.
    While I'm happy with the wood stock I would like the option of making
    something look like the feared "I dont like the look of that" type stock AKA
    black plastic just for a change in appearance, and for no other practical reason
    other than cosmetic appeal to me the owner.

Did somebody mention here before they had customs stop the importation of a stock and demand an original firearms license be produced ??

What I'm asking is can I legally simply just buy an aftermarket stock for my CZ452 and get it shipped directly to me without having any legal issues ?
    Seen a couple of websites in the past that sell stocks but wont ship to Ireland.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

bullets wrote: »
    Have been curious about changing the stock on a CZ452 also.
    While I'm happy with the wood stock I would like the option of making
    something look like the feared "I dont like the look of that" type stock AKA
    black plastic just for a change in appearance, and for no other practical reason
    other than cosmetic appeal to me the owner.

Did somebody mention here before they had customs stop the importation of a stock and demand an original firearms license be produced ??

What I'm asking is can I legally simply just buy an aftermarket stock for my CZ452 and get it shipped directly to me without having any legal issues ?
    Seen a couple of websites in the past that sell stocks but wont ship to Ireland.

~B

I don't know if they can hold it(I hope they can't..I'd like one too:P) and demand your licence but few guys have got them in but were stopped for tax. Boyd's will ship to Ireland:)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Blay wrote: »
    I don't know if they can hold it(I hope they can't..I'd like one too:P) and demand your licence but few guys have got them in but were stopped for tax. Boyd's will ship to Ireland:)
    I have bought 10 stocks in total from www.boydsgunstocks.com for myself and my mates and they all arrived without any problems.
    Never got charged vat on any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

zeissman wrote: »
    I have bought 10 stocks in total from www.boydsgunstocks.com for myself and my mates and they all arrived without any problems.
    Never got charged vat on any of them.

Cool was looking at boyds before, I quite like the different look on some
    of the laminates just to jazz things up (and being able to always go back to the original stock)
    Just was a little worried about ordering one and getting it seized for some grey area in the law.
    as I've the varment version in HMR the .22LR stocks might need modification.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

bullets wrote: »
    Cool was looking at boyds before, I quite like the different look on some
    of the laminates just to jazz things up (and being able to always go back to the original stock)
    Just was a little worried about ordering one and getting it seized for some grey area in the law.
    as I've the varment version in HMR the .22LR stocks might need modification.

~B
    They do the tacticool stock with the magnum inlet which should go straight onto your rifle. The 22lr stocks would need some modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭czgalway

i got a black tacticool stock from boyds for my 452 ,no problem shipping or customs sure what is it but a piece of timber or plastic

czgalway wrote: »
    i got a black tacticool stock from boyds for my 452 ,no problem shipping or customs sure what is it but a piece of timber or plastic

That stock is made for the heavy barrel isn't it, Is there much of a gap left with the tapered barrel in it? Was it just a drop in fit?

That stock is made for the heavy barrel isn't it, Is there much of a gap left with the tapered barrel in it? Was it just a drop in fit?

there is about 3 mil all around from the action out but its no harm and ya wouldnt notice it and it ensures the barrell is free floated ;)its not really noticable but look for yourself

czgalway wrote: »
    there is about 3 mil all around from the action out but its no harm and ya wouldnt notice it and it ensures the barrell is free floated ;)its not really noticable but look for yourself

Ah that's not too bad, I've read posts elsewhere about the gap and they'd make you think two barrels would fit side by side:pac:

Did it just drop straight in no problem?

• Advertisement

Ah that's not too bad, I've read posts elsewhere about the gap and they'd make you think two barrels would fit side by side:pac:

Did it just drop straight in no problem?
    not exactly, when i dropped it into the stock it was a snug fit all around the action but the piece on the barrell for the front stock screw was a few mil away from the hole in the stock so i ended up building up the space with copper washers but couldnt get the gap exactly right it was too high and the back stock screw would be pulling down on the action so the front of the action wasnt touching the stock if ya know what i mean.in the end i took out some of the stock with a round chisel and glass bedded the action so its sitting all around ,this is hard to explain

Advertisement