Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Lamb of God album (resolution)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah he's a f*ckin' machine all right.

Never realised his snare is tiny! Nice sound off it though.

Yeah I think he plays a 13x6 from what I remember. Watched a video of him going through "laid to rest" and was going to give up because I realised I'd never be as good as him haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah I think he plays a 13x6 from what I remember. Watched a video of him going through "laid to rest" and was going to give up because I realised I'd never be as good as him haha.

Yeah, I hear you. I hate watching drumming vids as I realise I'll never be able to do that. Haven't played in years. :(

Sorry for derailing this thread but just one more thing, have you seen Warpaths new drummer? He's fantastic!

Yeah, I hear you. I hate watching drumming vids as I realise I'll never be able to do that. Haven't played in years. :(

Sorry for derailing this thread but just one more thing, have you seen Warpaths new drummer? He's fantastic!

Really odd that you said that, as I was helping out a mates band the other day and he said to me do I know the drummer from warpath as he is pretty decent as he is good mates with him. Small world eh? :D

That snare is epic btw.

Really odd that you said that, as I was helping out a mates band the other day and he said to me do I know the drummer from warpath as he is pretty decent as he is good mates with him. Small world eh? :D

Weird coincidence all right. Wonder does he mean Graham though, the original drummer. He just left recently.

Weird coincidence all right. Wonder does he mean Graham though, the original drummer. He just left recently.

Might have been, he didn't give me a name though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Chris is my drumming idol and he is a top guy also! They all seem fairly grounded in LOG tbh.

That warpath drummer introduction was awful, I fckin hate that type of drumming, its just bash bash bash, not a single bit of rhythm or groove to be found whatsoever.

Chris is my drumming idol and he is a top guy also! They all seem fairly grounded in LOG tbh.

That warpath drummer introduction was awful, I fckin hate that type of drumming, its just bash bash bash, not a single bit of rhythm or groove to be found whatsoever.

Yeah I feel ya there, however playing grindcore/detah metal doesn't really require that so in that respect the chap is on the money

Yeah I feel ya there, however playing grindcore/detah metal doesn't really require that so in that respect the chap is on the money

:eek:

Listening to the wrong grindcore/death so! :pac:

Yeah it's just blastbeats, but I think they're impressive. I mean I couldn't do anything like that.

Yeah it's just blastbeats, but I think they're impressive. I mean I couldn't do anything like that.

I can and its boring as hell, its the funky sh1t chris adler and brann dailor are doing which has me hooked!

Sorry thats completly off topic!

Back on topic with; Anyone else think 'King Me' is just an immense piece of music? It's been confirmed as the new season of True Bloods soundtrack!

I can and its boring as hell, its the funky sh1t chris adler and brann dailor are doing which has me hooked!

Sorry thats completly off topic!

Back on topic with; Anyone else think 'King Me' is just an immense piece of music? It's been confirmed as the new season of True Bloods soundtrack!

oooooOOOOOOOoooooooh get you! :pac:

I just think the dexterity for doing a blast beat for a minute is impressive. Not a whole track full of it. That, I agree, would be tedium in music form.

I just find it funny that Randy wants to run for US Presidency when he does sh!t like this.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/30896.html

Also do you mean Blue Bloods, or True Blood? Gave up after the first series of that crap (TB).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Agree, it's pretty excellent alright. Favourite track on the album.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Also I've also been the "loner" at a gig when no-one else wanted or just couldn't go. Sucks sometimes but others end up being great nights talking sh!te/drinking with randomers. :pac:
    Yeah, I've gone to countless gigs on my own cause most of my friends don't listen to death or black metal enough to go to gigs I head to.

oooooOOOOOOOoooooooh get you! :pac:

I just think the dexterity for doing a blast beat for a minute is impressive. Not a whole track full of it. That, I agree, would be tedium in music form.

I wasn't saying, wow look how awesome I am ny saying i can do blastbeats. They're just unison strokes really! I find Adler uses them wisely like in th start of Set to fail they are cool!
    Also do you mean Blue Bloods, or True Blood? Gave up after the first series of that crap (TB).

True bloods I think. I've never watched it I just learned of that through their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭weisses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Piezocat

Check that out in full HD if you can. It's not mine but it captures the feel of this show pretty well.

I'm was in that group of people right in front of John Campbell getting kicked in the head with the people coming over the top of me.

I wasn't that much of a fan of this band until I went to this concert. They blew me away with their intensity. They were great! I feel lucky to have been able to see them play in this really small venue, especially just after the release of Resolution.

Unfortunately, the intensity of the crowd prevented me from getting much video, but I did post this clip:

I highly recommend seeing they play live if you can on this tour.

The Acacia strain supporting LoG in europe ?

http://www.mxdwn.com/2011/11/22/news/lamb-of-god-announce-2012-resolution-world-tour-dates/

Would be nice to see them

Sylosis supporting LoG in Belfast

What are the chances they will be opening for LoG in Dublin ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If they do, that would be freaking awesome. I haven't seen them since around '08 or '09 I think it was. (Sylosis that is)

Advertisement