Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too late to get one?

• 21-01-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I'm a teen currently doing the l.c who between one way or another hasn't been able to afford to get a current gen console till now,well towards the end of the summer when I finally will be able to get a summer job.Yeah so with all this talk of ps4 on every gaming website am I just too late? or should I get one I mean its not like I'm going to be able to afford a ps4 till its reduced a good bit anyways!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Too late for the PS3? No way, I don't reckon the PS4 will be out till 2014, and the PS3 is supposedly on a ten year life cycle anyway, so you've got 4 years left. And the PS3 is great. And all we know of the PS4 is rumours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Really you think so? I'm gonna get one then! can't wait to play uncharted,gta5,gt5,lbp2,ratchet and clank, and a ton more!! thanks for the reply! I think I'm gonna get that uncharted3 bundle on amazon unless I see it cheaper somewhere else :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

No it is no too late to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Even if the PS4 was to be released tomorrow, it will likely be extremely over-priced for awhile anyway. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Ps3 is hot now.

Decent price for great tech and loadsa cheap triple A games!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tis never too late! Get red dead redemption too..........but after your L.C of course :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Um - just be careful - if you are doing your LC this year - the games you mentioned will suck up all your time - just don't lose sight of the exams.

From someone who did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Taltos wrote: »
    Um - just be careful - if you are doing your LC this year - the games you mentioned will suck up all your time - just don't lose sight of the exams.

From someone who did :)

Too right. From my own experience I can only warn you as well. About 3 weeks before the exams began I started playing FFVII, VIII and IX again :o

The PS3 is an excellent piece of technology for the price it is now. There are plenty of great games available, a good few for very cheap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

bluugirl wrote: »
    Really you think so? I'm gonna get one then! can't wait to play uncharted,gta5,gt5,lbp2,ratchet and clank, and a ton more!! thanks for the reply! I think I'm gonna get that uncharted3 bundle on amazon unless I see it cheaper somewhere else :)

THere are rumours of an Uncharted Trilogy pack to be released this summer (though the rumours are old and there already is an Uncharted Double Pack with the first game and its sequel) so you might want to go for a different bundle (i would recommend the infamous 2 one, if its still around since that is an amazing game and you can get the original for 10 euros in gamestop). Also Sony will be releasing a PS3 Quadro Pack with GT5, God of War 3, Killzone 3 and Uncharted 2 for 80 euros around march if ratings boards are to be believed so that's a great value for pretty much the very essential ps3 games.
    Also watch out for other Platinum range double packs on amazon and other online retailers (gamestop, game and hmv don't stack these in Ireland as far as I know) where you can get games like Resistance 1 and 2 for 25-30 euros.

As everyone else has said, though, start enjoying your PS3 properly in the summer :P

Oh and when you buy it, GET INFAMOUS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 brenglee

Good luck and well done for saving your money! Enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Wow alot of replies! Gahh thanks you guise for all the info :D and to everyone who advised me to wait till after the l.c that is the plan! motivation and all that craic! :pac: oh really @mario007? that quadro pack sounds too good to refuse! and you sound like my cousin lol he practically worships infamous lol and @sephiroth_dude I will probably end up getting that game too and it sounds like a perfect one for my dad he adores westerns lol.Haha thanks @brenglee I will :p

Advertisement