Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dartitis/Rules Question

• 21-01-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭

I have the dreaded daritis which im slowly getting under control but still messes up my throw. I use a counting system to release the dart but my balance is still all over the place. In a league game during the week I threw the my first dart but stuttered on the second. I got caught off balance and one of my feet crossed the throwing line. It was that or fall over! The marker noticed but knows I have trouble so told me to take a second and steady up. My question is...could another marker ask me to forfeit that throw because I crossed the line? I have changed my throw so much trying to get over this and having one more thing to adjust will out me back to square one. Anyone have an experience or seen a situation like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

statto25 wrote: »
    I have the dreaded daritis which im slowly getting under control but still messes up my throw. I use a counting system to release the dart but my balance is still all over the place. In a league game during the week I threw the my first dart but stuttered on the second. I got caught off balance and one of my feet crossed the throwing line. It was that or fall over! The marker noticed but knows I have trouble so told me to take a second and steady up. My question is...could another marker ask me to forfeit that throw because I crossed the line? I have changed my throw so much trying to get over this and having one more thing to adjust will out me back to square one. Anyone have an experience or seen a situation like this?
    I wouldn't be an expert or anything, but i'd imagine that once you didn't throw your dart, no infringement took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭No.125

continue to throw you darts like always have. don't alter your throwing style. it's not nescessarily a mechanical issue(arm)..your action may be working fine..but your balance might be off and this can cause your mind to correct the throwing arm mid swing. just stand in front of the board for 30 mins a day shooting at the centre of the board..dont aim at anything in particular..just try and get the correct stance and the arm flowing. you will play trough it in time. it's going to be frustrating..but you'll get it sorted. relaxing is the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

In my experience, any thrower worth his salt knowing you are having trouble with dartitis wouldn't let the marker penalise you - allowances have to be made - end of the day it's a condition that crops up out of nowhere and it could be them next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

In a shop that don't know you have dartitus/getting over dartitus, perhaps mention it to the caller out or team captain of the other team.

Once they know what they won't be harsh on it. I know any team we've played unless you think there is a foul play going on you are only out for a bit of fun at the darts, nobody actually wants to complain or moan about small things that from the sounds of it are not giving you any advantage anyway.

Good luck with getting over the dartitus, I don't envy your position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

Cheers for the feedback folks. I practice for an hour a day. 90% of the darts get away ok but under pressure it gets a lot worse. I've had it for nearly two years now and to be honest im close to giving up altogether. Its absolute torture standing there wanting to throw and nothing happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement