Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver (or banff) - Summer 2012

Options
  • 21-01-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi just wondering if anyone is going or has been to vancouver to work for the summer. We're 4 lads just graduated from college last year (so cant get a j1) and looking into going to either Vancouver or Banff for the summer.

Heard great things about Banff, but worried its a little small to keep us occupied for the whole summer.

Whats Vancouver like for nightlife? Heard most people stay out in UBC but the thought of having to travel half an hour into a city to go 2 a club and back seems a little strange.
    Whats UBC like as a community? is there still plenty of people around? shops/restaurants/bars etc?

What did most people do for jobs?
    Things to do during day?

I know thats alot of questions but basically banff ticks all the boxes for job/accom and good party town but just might not be big enough and have enough things to do if there for whole summer (plus they probs wont have a bar thatl show the euros lol) so just wanted to gauge peoples experiences in Vancouver

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SineadSc

Hi!

Me and some friends are looking to go to Canada next summer (2013) and i was wondering how your trip was/ if you've any advice?
    I know your post says that you went to Vancouver/ Banff but do you have any information on Toronto too?

Thanks,
    Sinéad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 todrapids

Thinking of heading to Banff aswel. Just applied for our VISA's last week so all going well two of us are hoping to head to Banff or Vancouver for the Summer. Wont be finished college until late May though.
    Anyone have any info on what kind of jobs are in Banff?

I have raft guided for a season before but my friend hasn't but we are open to anything. Pub work would be great.

A nice 3-4 day a week would be ideal though, plan is to head to Calgary in September and get engineering work for the year+ so we want to enjoy the summer!!

Any advice?!

Advertisement