Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smell of cat

• 21-01-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,627 ✭✭✭✭

Any suggestions anyone? We have a garage/workroom/extension thingy off the back door of the house and recently a tomcat got in there while the door was open. The place now stinks of cat (and we have neutered cats, but this was the tom from across the road!). Since it is a kind of 'outside' place it is not a huge problem, except that every time anyone comes into the house they bring the smell in with them.

I prefer not to use air fresheners, I will try some saucers of vinegar, but has anyone any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

How about washing the place down. Use a germicidal cleaner (spray might be easier to apply) that will not only kill bacteria but will leave a fresh scent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,627 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Lol, thanks for that, but its a non-starter! Or it might be possible if I had a couple of weeks and a couple of energetic helpers! There is a lot of stuff out there... It would be a really good idea though - large skip would be a starting point.

Anyway, update - the vinegar initially made the place smell like a cat infested chipper, but in fact it has improved the situation considerably. At least it smells clean enough to start tidying it up :D

Advertisement