Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

key extractor tool!

• 21-01-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

hi all anyone know where i can get the above the key in the ignition on my bike broke cant transport the bike to any locksmith so just need this tool to pull out the key, anyone know wher ei can buy one in limerick thanks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Lock Doctor in the cresent? They might also do a callout service for your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

hi all anyone know where i can get the above the key in the ignition on my bike broke cant transport the bike to any locksmith so just need this tool to pull out the key, anyone know wher ei can buy one in limerick thanks?

Is some of the key exposed??? Could u catch it with a vice grips or something, let me know or e mail me a pic, if is should be able sort,,,

If in the barrel of lock will prob have to drill

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

If you're not in a huge rush you can get one from the uk in a day or two by post for a few euro, if you are then i'd suggest making your own. If the key is broken cleanly and you can't grab it with needle nose vice grips then I'd suggest you make your own extractor tool with a very thin piece of wire with a small hook at the end - all you need is to be able to catch the first notch of the key to slide it out. wd40 the lock first by the way.

Advertisement