Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Westport or Westport Plaza

Options
  • 21-01-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

What's the best one to stay at?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

vicwatson wrote: »
    What's the best one to stay at?

Thanks

depends what you want to do.

The plaza is smack in the middle of town and i only ever been in it once. looks very nice. The actor who plays Christie in Fair city was staying there the last time i was in it.

The hotel Westport is bit further out and i don't rememberer ever being in it.

Both have 4 stars and the hotel westport seems to be a more family friendly.

The plaza is right beside the only niteclub in Westport D2 , i think you get free entry into if your are staying there, well you used to in the castlecourt.

all depends on what you want to do in westport when your visiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wanna be in the centre alright, whats the best hotel to stay in town including the two mentioned?

Is the Carlton walkable to town? about how far is it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭piptypibe

Carlton is out the Quay area which would be a nice walk into town. There are rests/bars in the Quay area.
    The Plaza is fab! Have stayed there and eaten there few times. Always excellent.
    Hotel Westport is nice. A little further away from the centre of the town compared to the Plaza but very nice.
    Castlecourt is next door to the Plaza.
    Clew Bay Hotel is also in the town. It's nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Plaza awarded a place in top 10 2012 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice hotels this week.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/TravelersChoice-Hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

piptypibe wrote: »
    Carlton is out the Quay area which would be a nice walk into town. There are rests/bars in the Quay area.
    The Plaza is fab! Have stayed there and eaten there few times. Always excellent.
    Hotel Westport is nice. A little further away from the centre of the town compared to the Plaza but very nice.

Would it be like 20 mins 30 mins walk?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

vicwatson wrote: »
    piptypibe wrote: »

Would it be like 20 mins 30 mins walk?

Thanks

Bout that all up a fairly steep hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mund

Hotel Westport is definately my number 1! Fantastic hotel. hve stayed n both. plaza s nice too, its a newer hotel but the nightclub is right beside it and its very noisy with people shouting and fighting in the street after a disco. not nice and awful annoying. food can b hit or miss there too. The other hotel, hotel Westport has an AA Rosette for their food. Plaza won a tripadvisor award but you dont have to stay there to vote on that so im not sure if its worth the paper its written on. Donno... enjoy Westport anyways wherever you stay, its a great place.

Advertisement