Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for cat with hoarse meow!

• 21-01-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Why is it always the weekend that these things happen when the vets are closed! :rolleyes:

Anyway my cat Cream is extremely vocal, always has been since he was a little one, but he has meowed himself hoarse! He is otherwise healthy, eating and drinking perfectly and has no temp.

I was wondering would anyone have anyway of soothing his throat a bit? I'm going to bring him to the vet on Monday to make sure there's nothing serious going on, but in the meantime is there anything I can do to help him feel better?

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Bump. Anyone? I wish i could tell him to rest his voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭justme7136

if you could get your hands on a gun, that mite be the most humane way of helping him out

<ban issued>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Some of my chatterers lose their voices the old time. It ends up being nothing thankfully.
    Try giving him some food with sunflower oil to lubricate the throat. hopefully by tomorrow a good nights sleep will sort it out.

You could also ttry honey. I know most cats dont like honey but some do so it's worth trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Oh actually I should have mentioned its been going on over a week now! Ive made him drink loadsa water, and ive stopped giving him cat milk as a treat as I know milk used to kill my throat when it was sore! He usually gets a drop of vegetable oil in his food once or twice a week but I might try some sardines or something in sunflower oil. I was hoping it would have resolved itself by now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

justme7136 wrote: »
    if you could get your hands on a gun, that mite be the most humane way of helping him out

Banned.....

Ah, thats a bit different so. He prob just has a wee infection. Best to get him checked out tbh. Keep an eye on him until monday when vet is open. But if you see any change of behaviour ie not eating or drinking, get to one sooner.
    I'm sure he'll love some sardines in sunflower oil!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rabbit.84

My cat had a cough and lost his meow for about a week. He was only coughing once or twice a day so I figured it wasnt too serious so didn't go to the vet(I wouldn't go to the doctor if I had a cough)
    Anyway I gave him a spoon full of honey mixed with water and some wet cat food to make him eat it. It all cured up soon enough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

justme7136 wrote: »

Can users please stop reporting this post.The user has been dealt with and a ban issued.

Advertisement