Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of extra's

Options
  • 21-01-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Hi there are extra services on my account that I dont need but I see no way of cancelling them online.

I want to cancel:

Call divert and 3 way calling

Also eircom sent me out a new handset but I was never told I was going to have to pay rental for it every month.

Can I just get my own handset and get rid of the rental charges.

There is also a charge for something called "Aisling telephone". I have no idea what this is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Thanks alot

I rang eircom this morning and I managed to get all except the cordless telephone rental stopped.

I was told I have to send the phone back even though we have had it for years and it has probably been paid for 10 times over.

Im not very happy. Im a good customer, I have phone and broadband and our bills are paid full on time all the time.

I didnt think it was too much to be asked to be left with the phone after all these years. I have read of other people who have been allowed to keep the phone. So why is it some people can keep it and others cant????

Irishchick wrote: »
    I rang eircom this morning and I managed to get all except the cordless telephone rental stopped.

I was told I have to send the phone back even though we have had it for years and it has probably been paid for 10 times over.

Im not very happy. Im a good customer, I have phone and broadband and our bills are paid full on time all the time.

I didnt think it was too much to be asked to be left with the phone after all these years. I have read of other people who have been allowed to keep the phone. So why is it some people can keep it and others cant????

Who knows with Eircom!

I recall, many many years ago, I had one of those old heavy black phones on the wall, which a great loud bell.
    I had been paying rental on it and found out I could get my own.
    I made the arrangements and offered to buy the black phone Eircom to use as a bell.

Nope! They sent out an "engineer" to disconnect it; replace it with a socket box for my new phone, and then transported the phone to a central depot, from where they paid to have it dumped!

Yep! that I guess made sense to someone in Eircom!

They are sending a bag out for me to send the phone back in!

Im wondering why someone from eircom hasnt commented yet?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

What comment from eircom do you expect?

You asked eircom and eircom told you what would happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

It kind of annoys me too tbh. I've a deal with them too and their ads are full of stuff about Leaving Cert Grinds, Musichub, Sportshub, Moviehub, 3 way calling, call divert. In reality people just want a broadband connection not a load of irrelevant rubbish that they pack in their to make it look like value. It would be nice to be able to tell them to keep all that crap and take a bit off of the price of the broadband instead.

MajorMax wrote: »
    What comment from eircom do you expect?

You asked eircom and eircom told you what would happen

Yes and and im not happy about it so I want an opinion from another eircom rep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

They are sending a bag out for me to send the phone back in!

Im wondering why someone from eircom hasnt commented yet?:confused:

Thanks for posting on the eircom /Boards Forum.

Glad to hear you've sorted out your additional services. The best way to do this is through Customer Care on 1901.

Let me know if you have any problem returning the handset or don't receive the 'return' bag.

Kind regards,
    Ant

Ant did you even read my other posts???

Im not happy with the results. Why have some people been allowed to keep they handset while others have not? I have paid for this phone about 10 times over. We have had it for around 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

There is also a charge for something called "Aisling telephone". I have no idea what this is.

This is the Aisling telephone:
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/cs/downloads/aisling.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Leo,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

Appreciate your views. From my perspective the added value services are hugely successful, competitive and have received rave reviews. Many eircom customers, as well as non-eircom, have commented highly on the features of eircom's New Webmail - to eircom's WiFi Hub rollout (free Internet Hotspot access for eircom Customers). Value services like StudyHub have helped many students through an array of self-help and thousands of video tutorials.

SportsHub, with it's live Setanta stream and chat - Live premiership football and sports analysis from some of the country's top sports journalists. eircom MusicHub has proven a massive success. I'm currently beta testing the new MusicHub WiFi App and all eircom customers, and music lovers, will just be amazed when it's launched.

In my opinion, I think these are not just standard services. These value added services will enhance eircom's Broadband service for our customers.

Best wishes,
    Ant

It kind of annoys me too tbh. I've a deal with them too and their ads are full of stuff about Leaving Cert Grinds, Musichub, Sportshub, Moviehub, 3 way calling, call divert. In reality people just want a broadband connection not a load of irrelevant rubbish that they pack in their to make it look like value. It would be nice to be able to tell them to keep all that crap and take a bit off of the price of the broadband instead.

Can you address my issue ant??

Im wondering why some people are being allowed to keep the handset while others are not. Especially seen as Ive been paying for it for 5 years.

Let me correct that for you
    In my opinion, I think these are not just standard services. These value added services will enhance eircom's Broadband service for MOST OF our customers.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Let me correct that for you

I get them but they don't enhance my broadband service. I use academic institutions and tv companies to provide me with study supports and sports coverage. I use eircom for broadband but they randomly include these irrelevant services which undoubtedly inflates my bill. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi there are extra services on my account that I dont need but I see no way of cancelling them online.

I want to cancel:

Call divert and 3 way calling

Also eircom sent me out a new handset but I was never told I was going to have to pay rental for it every month.

Can I just get my own handset and get rid of the rental charges.

Hi Irishchick,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number and I can look into the issue of the handset for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Irishchick,

Can you PM me with your telephone number or eircom account number and I can look into the issue of the handset for you.

Thanks, Mark

pm sent, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

pm sent, thanks.

Hi Irishchick,

I Have PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement