Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on how to move all our belongings to Sweden

Options
  • 21-01-2012 4:23pm
    Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi All,

We are moving to Sweden in 3 weeks. Can anyone please recommend how to get all our belongings over?

I have no idea where to even begin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How much stuff are we talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Are you the guy who had all the fun with the customs!?
    Better not pack it in your suitcase so!!!

Try a google!
    I posted stuff home from Singapore;& also from London; arrived in three huge crates 3 months later; cheapest option by far. Not sure about here thou outbound.

My flatmate emigrated ; there was a way they could buy a third, fourth & fifth (etc) suitcase on the flight; this worked out at e20 each; it was measured by the bag & not by the weight of the bag. She only found this out byreading the tiny print on the website. You had to pre order & pre purchase it.

Shipping companies/ ups etc otherwise

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hiya, you don't mention how much stuff you have,
    Used work with a freight company, most of their business was people moving / returning home to foreign countries.
    They charge by the kilo, and it would be a lot cheaper than posting in my experience. Posting a book to Norway cost me 11e!
    Maybe call some freight companies & see what is the cheapest per Kg quote? Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

I used UPS. They were the cheapest option (to Norway). €200 for 100kg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement