Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help! treatment needed for extreme hair-loss and breakage!

• 21-01-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

My hair is extremely dry, and when i comb it i lose literally 'handfuls' of hair. my hair is long. i have dyed it for years and recently i became allergic to hair dye. I had a extreme allergic reaction, my head and neck and back started swelling up. Since then i stopped dying it. But since i stopped dying my hair, it became extremely dry, if i don't use conditioner and leave-in conditioner it is simply speaking not comb-able. I wanted to get a perm but the hairdresser told me she couldn't do it, as my hair was too dry, and it just breaks off when i don't put conditioner. I need help. I can't use hair dyes anymore, due to the allergy, but i need a good treatment to nurture my hair. Any recommendations? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I would go to the hairdressers and get some treatments done, and get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks to keep it healthy.

Also try some hair nails and skin tablets, holland and barrett do a relatively inexpensive range of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

A few years ago I was speaking to a hairdresser I know. She had a customer who's hair was in very poor condition. This person had tried a lot of different shampoos and treatments to improve things.
    The hairdresser I know told me this person came into her one day and she noticed a big improvement in this person hair and asked what product they were using to make the difference?
    The person was taking udo's oil. This can be got in liquid and capsules form.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mamaehinoh

thanks.. i may give the suplements a go. udo oil i will try also.
    i use alot of balms etc.. well i will give it a try.. i am desperate at this stage lol.. let me see if it makes a difference :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Coconut oil has worked absolute wonders for my hair and is cheap and widely available in health shops. I put it in the night before I wash my hair and wear a plastic cap and wash it out the following morning. Its really improved the condition of my hair and also scalp dryness has disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daviesp856

Do you keep yourself well hydrated? Also a diet of oily fish might help to help provide good nutrients from within. It could be a number of issues causing this but Minoxidil is a key ingredient that helps with hair growth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Panda Lover

Kerastase do a good mask - Age Recharge. I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 parismilton

if your hair getting thin, then you should apply some natural conditioner, like eggs, mayonnaise then wash them with shampoo,if you are used to blow dry your hair, then don't dry your hair just after the wash, leave your hair for some time, and then blow dry it with with not so warm air.
    Consume vitamin - B, biotin for hair growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

You may try using a sulfate free shampoo. A wallet-friendly and very good option is the L'Oreal Ever Pure line. I tried others that are more expensive and they weren't any better; some were even just plain bad (I'm looking at you, TIGI Bedhead).

But good conditioning would make the main difference rather than your shampoo.

I second the coconut oil. I use it as a pre-shampoo treatment. It works wonders for hydration.

Some conditioners/treatments I like are Aussie 3 Minute Miracle, Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator, John Frieda Full Repair Inchi oil and Bumble&Bumble Leave in Conditioner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I would try a combination of things,first a topical treatment like rogaine,you can find them on ebay,ioffer,and amazon,and then maybe look at your diet and try to make some changes,fish and nuts are good for lubricating the scalp and promoting growth of the hair you already have,and try some vitamin b complex.There are multivitamin b complexes you can get in health food shops.I would try olive oil aswell and massage it into your hair for about 10-20 minutes to make it softer..

Advertisement