Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

El Haluf (Tebessa) - The mad hatter tactic

Options
  • 21-01-2012 5:44pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is something I've been thinking about a while and it's about changing things up on our opponent. Usual strat for most teams is IS-7 rush to river (usually from base 2) or through middle/north area (usually base 1) or even a mix of the two. I'm thinking is how to make us less predicable (the basic strat is sound) doing this.

Here's the thought that I'd like input on.

Base2
    3 IS-7s go river directly as usual. Their job is to draw fire and be spotted; ridge should have a JT and 2 T30 (or similar) to help kill anything showing up. Once ridge goes quiet JT and T30s go river as well pushing up river road and general ridge (the reason for two push to river is to kill their ridge and give impression we're uncoordinated, when second push comes the ridge line should no longer be spotting and it should be relatively safe to move out).

This then leaves us 5 tanks (4 arty, 6 at river). 1medium, 2 E100 and a Maus goes for hill leaving 1 Maus in base close to base as last ditch support. Medium goes up the ridge while the E100s and Maus roll below it (reverse Base 1 charge) at the same time as the River pushes up (this should be around 3 to 4 min in roughly).

If they have pushed the Maus, E100s and the river push on the other side should put one one heck of a cross fire (and the medium can charge to A1 to spot any arty trying to sneak down to kill our river push by going along the 1 line).

Now here's how our line up would look to the enemey:
    3 IS-7
    1 JT (good at sniping)
    2 T30 / French Heavy
    4 arty
    2 Maus
    2 E100
    1 Medium

That looks like a rainbow coalition (i.e. we're fielding a secondary team instead of what's considered "default" of 6 or more IS-7s) which could give them some false confidence and lower their guard (i.e. not play at their sharpest since they "don't have to"). What we'd end up with how ever is two very strong pushes coming in from both sides and catching them in a cross fire situation.

Obviously timing is important to make it happen but I think it could really catch some teams with their pants down!

Base 1
    Still work in progress but I'm thinking a north 2 line push with the heavy push in reserve and/or killing river (no arty can hit once things go down slope and the north push should keep the base defenders tied up hopefully).

Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

i like the idea of changing things to give us more options, but we need to find a plan that will counter their northern rush and their river rush when on base2.
    i like the double push idea, but there is noting to counter their northern push.
    . i like dathis tactics here..
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056521137

from the other side
    i think your plan to stop the river rush by moving every defender up north and giving up the south is probably best and perhaps holding back our northern push until we know what they are doing and just covering A3 with 2 IS7s.

Advertisement