Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Heavies or French Lights

Options
  • 21-01-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have now unlocked the T30 and was wondering what to do next.

My first option is to continue the Russian heavy line on from the KV-3 I played this line up to the IS-4 in beta and loved it. But I am unsure whether the recent changes in the IS-3 have made it harder to play, along with the reduction in Armour in an earlier update.

My second option is to finish the french lights. These tanks are favored by me because of their speed and guns but I am wondering if it is worth the effort if I am going to only go to tier 7.

Thanks

French Lights or Russian Heavies? 3 votes

French Lights
    0% 0 votes
    Russian Heavies
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd go Russian line because of the upcoming IS-4 to T10 change (and long term you'll be looking at 1/2 light vs 10 heavy in CW and hence heavies are always needed :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I just got to tier 7 in the lights ,theyre serious craic and make for a nice change to playing heavies , i got up the line very quickly in fairness , but if you go up the Russian line now you'll get free tank slots fo KV , KV 3 and IS-4 , but then in a few months i reckon the french tree will change a lot so there'll be free slots there as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

I would say if you think you can get the IS-4 before the patch (shouldn't be to hard knowing wargaming) then go for it. As has already been said heavy tanks are always needed.

The lights are great fun tho I jumped into the tier5 now at tier6 just playing them for fun not really grinding anything at the moment :) So as you did all the grinding for through the T34 and now have the T30 I'm gonna say get the lights and have some fun ;) (remember with the auto cannon don't charge in it's not a scout)

One other thing you say 'unlocked the T30' does this mean you haven't brought it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

no haven't got it yet but that will change soon as I have £40 waiting to be spent on gold so I can get tier 8 premium.

no haven't got it yet but that will change soon as I have £40 waiting to be spent on gold so I can get tier 8 premium.

Out of interest what you planning to get? Hopefully you'll manage to get the T30 before it gets swapped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Russian heavy.

There's not even an argument TBH.

If you want a light, get a tier 5 light / scout. One of Chaffee, T-50-2 or VK2801.

I've already got the AMX12t and nearly the AMX 13 75 but I have sold both that and the KV-3 so I can concentrate on getting this T30 for now

But I will go for the russian heavies after the credit grind.

Out of interest what you planning to get? Hopefully you'll manage to get the T30 before it gets swapped.
    probably KV-5 but if the next patch comes out before I bother to go to the bank then one of the new premiums like the IS-6

probably KV-5 but if the next patch comes out before I bother to go to the bank then one of the new premiums like the IS-6

It'll be one of the new ones then :D

Advertisement