Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Buffet Options

Options
  • 21-01-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for some ideas for vegetarian buffet food. Something that is a bit substantial, ideas that non-vegetarians might opt for as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

A hearty vegan bean curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

I was thinking of something a bit more out of the ordinary to be honest.

Are there any good websites with ideas out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Well the vegetarian restaurant Cornucopia do really great vegetarian/vegan dishes that are interesting, they have a cookbook, but even looking at their menu might give you some inspiration- http://www.cornucopia.ie/food/lunch-dinner/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

How about Felafel, hummus, tabbouleh and so on - a middle eastern feast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Vegetable samosas (spiced pea-&-potato stuffed, fried pastries), onion bhajis (fried onion fritters), vegetable pakora (mixed veg bhajis)? Fairly easy to do and very tasty. All vegan too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

The favourite with my family, surprisingly with the meat eaters are Delia Smiths veggie sausage rolls, link attached. I use a mixture of cream fresh and natural yoghurt instead of the cream, mature cheese and loads more mustard than on the recipe, make loads they go fast.

Can be made in advance and baked for half the time finish them just before serving.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/pastry/vegetarian-sausage-rolls.html

Advertisement