Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy IV Complete €2.99 in Game.

Options
  • 21-01-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭

Game in the Ilac Centre had two copies of this for €2.99 each on Wednesday,they were in the PSP essentials boxes, both were new games to preowned. I bought one myself,it's some game so far, very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I found the story pretty crappy in the end, just not much to it, you should pick up Chrono trigger if its on the psp, enjoyed that alot more than IV.

Kinda hoping they make VI for the DS next, would love to play that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think it is one of the best stories in the Final Fantasy series also the PSP version is the complete collection, the ds version is just the one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think it is one of the best stories in the Final Fantasy series also the PSP version is the complete collection, the ds version is just the one game.

C'mon now, the story has little depth and is predictable. What does the PsP version offer that the DS does not?

Its understandable why the story is lacking, its an old game...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

nix wrote: »
    C'mon now, the story has little depth and is predictable. What does the PsP version offer that the DS does not?

Its understandable why the story is lacking, its an old game...

It was the first FF with proper playable character involvement with the main storyline. It pretty much set standard for the rest of the FF games to come. If we were to a list of most significant FF entries it would be something like: FF, FF IV, FF VII and maybe FF X but despite having a design which should and could have been influential both XII and XIII didn't really follow it at all.

Also like you mention since its an old game a lot of the things can be predicted but back at the time the game's story was quite unique and the twists were real for people.

With regards the Complete Collection, it includes the sequel, FFIV The After Years (which can be found also on the Wii), as well as around 6-10 hour midquel between FFIV and After years (which can't be found anywhere else)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The story in FFIV might be really cheesy and cliche but it doesn't matter because it's really well paced so the story is always moving along with no boring moments, something I can't for most of the newer ones. It's one of the best FF's in my opinion. Pity I can't make it into town to pick this up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sad face.

Bought this for 30e last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Picked up this in Game Dundrum last Friday, as well as Lord of Arcana and Final Fantasy 2 for the same price. New bestsellers edition but marked as preowned.

There was one copy of FF2 when I left.

The end of the PSP is nigh....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We still have Gungnir and Growlanser from Atlus and hopefully the rest of the legend of heroes games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Got my bro to pick this up for me, he said he's got 4 other games there too. def clearing out Psp back catalogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

RedXIV wrote: »
    Got my bro to pick this up for me, he said he's got 4 other games there too. def clearing out Psp back catalogs
    In the Ilac was it?

Anything else decent?

And by end is nigh, I was just referring to bricks and mortar stores stocking games for the PSP, although they've been pretty rubbish for the past while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

In the Ilac was it?

Anything else decent?

And by end is nigh, I was just referring to bricks and mortar stores stocking games for the PSP, although they've been pretty rubbish for the past while.

He didn't tell me specifics but he's got a sizable array of games already so maybe a few gems in there

Nothing of note left in the Ilac now, Gamestop are still selling this for €35 new or €30 preowned, they don't really stock the essentials range, Gamestop do have White Knight Chronicles Origins for PSP for €7.99 preowned though, good price if you can find it but beware the dlc/online code may be used.

Love the Legend of Heroes series, I have part 1 and 2 on UMD,I hope someone the 3 of them up on PSN.

Completely forgot about Hakuoki: Demon Of The Fleeting Blossom, can't wait for that either.

PSN Sale on for Final Fantasy games today.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Was £14.99/€24.99 – Now £9.99/€11.99)
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy – Prologus (Was £2.39/€2.99 – Now £1.19/€1.49)
    Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £13.99/€17.99)
    Final Fantasy (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99) PSP Only
    Final Fantasy II (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99) PSP Only
    Final Fantasy IV: Complete Collection (Was £27.99/€34.99 – Now £13.99/€17.99)
    Final Fantasy V (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    Final Fantasy VI (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    Final Fantasy VII (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    Final Fantasy VIII (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    Final Fantasy IX (Was £7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (£7.99/€9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
    PlayStation Plus members also get an extra 10% off.
    Final Fantasy V will also be available for PS Plus members for 100% discount on February 8th.

Not bad prices. I just hope everyone avoids the PS1 ports of FFIV, V and VI since they are piss poor, the usual from Tose when they do emulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thats brilliant. Cheers for the heads up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not bad prices. I just hope everyone avoids the PS1 ports of FFIV, V and VI since they are piss poor, the usual from Tose when they do emulation.

Too late...:( -
    Would it have been better to buy off the US PSN?

Haven't played them yet - price of 3 pints, couldn't resist.

Price is back up to €9.99 in game for these used seems it was a part of their sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Working on Final Fantasy Tactics now (PSP version).

Its a bit of a chore, cameras, controls etc. Nothing streamlined.

Difficuly to persist with after Jeanne D'Arc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

F1ngers wrote: »
    Too late...:( -
    Would it have been better to buy off the US PSN?

Haven't played them yet - price of 3 pints, couldn't resist.
    It's all the same. They're ****ty ports no matter where you buy them.

• Advertisement

Yep they're terrible even from the US store, just even more terrible from the EU one.

Advertisement