Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icon

• 21-01-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much Icon charge in on a Saturday night?

Is it €12?

If so that's very pricey, or is that just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Its usually €12 euro. I agree which is why I don't usually go to the Icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Its usually €12 euro. I agree which is why I don't usually go to the Icon.

Promised a mate I'd head there with him tonight...

But I'm on the dry, but will bring a hip flask with me, in case being sober in Icon becomes painful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

People drinking for free inside will only lead to them charging more if anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

busyliving wrote: »
    Promised a mate I'd head there with him tonight...

But I'm on the dry, but will bring a hip flask with me, in case being sober in Icon becomes painful :D

If you can do it sober....I salute you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

€12 I believe, I was there on thursday and got in for €7 through smyths.

I don't know why we keep going there, I hate the place. Overcrowded cattle mart.

• Advertisement

People drinking for free inside will only lead to them charging more if anything...

Most people in there bring drink with them, because the cover charge is too high...

Shouldn't be any more than €7 IMO
    1huge1 wrote: »
    €12 I believe, I was there on thursday and got in for €7 through smyths.

I don't know why we keep going there, I hate the place. Overcrowded cattle mart.

The only good thing about it, is the 80's music downstairs...But other than that its ****e...Give me Costello's any night of the week or nancys:D

Yeah i reckon there should be a medal for anyone who does Icon sober :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Even at €12 D'icon will be a cattle market on a Saturday night. If people didn't pay it they would have to reduce the price.

BTW anyone who goes in there sober is either crazy or or works there.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Even at €12 D'icon will be a cattle market on a Saturday night. If people didn't pay it they would have to reduce the price.

BTW anyone who goes in there sober is either crazy or or works there.
    Or increase the price sadly... that's how the pub and nightclub industry works in this country i'm afraid.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Or increase the price sadly... that's how the pub and nightclub industry works in this country i'm afraid.

What suggestions do you have? Pubs and clubs are businesses, not public services... If you have a shop and everyone is stealing from it, eventually you'll have to up your prices to cover costs, or combat the shoplifters. Remember the Lodge introducing a zero tolerance policy hand searching every patron who went in there? Suddenly nobody was going there and it closed.

Not that I'm sticking up for Icon. I hate the place, and don't go there regardless of whether its free, €12 or €120! But just as many people bring their own drink into free places like Nancys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did it years ago along with Angel Lane but I had to pretend like I was drinking by having a Lucozade in a small glass to make it look like a Vodka/Redbull. ( I do it quite regularly now )

"Are you on Antibiotics?" :D

Could be no other reason for not drinking obviously. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Flannerys over the road is a late bar, same kind of crowd until it empites a bit around 1, I stupidly went to icon 2 weeks ago, lasted a half hour, sh1thole of a club, its a cattle mart as the only other option for the young crowd is angel lane, and thats like the retarded version of icon.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I did it years ago along with Angel Lane but I had to pretend like I was drinking by having a Lucozade in a small glass to make it look like a Vodka/Redbull. ( I do it quite regularly now )

"Are you on Antibiotics?" :D

Could be no other reason for not drinking obviously. :rolleyes:

I'm back training so trying to stay off it, but I have some whiskey on my person if it gets too much for me ha ha:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

For big nights like after a match they charge 15 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Mc Love wrote: »
    For big nights like after a match they charge 15 euro
    Nope. Only nights it's over 12 euro is Stephens night and new years

Did it...and sober:D

Drank Mi Wadi...mmmmmm free drink

A lot of very young ones in there as well as a great deal of travellers

What suggestions do you have? Pubs and clubs are businesses, not public services... If you have a shop and everyone is stealing from it, eventually you'll have to up your prices to cover costs, or combat the shoplifters. Remember the Lodge introducing a zero tolerance policy hand searching every patron who went in there? Suddenly nobody was going there and it closed.

Not that I'm sticking up for Icon. I hate the place, and don't go there regardless of whether its free, €12 or €120! But just as many people bring their own drink into free places like Nancys.

I have no problem with them checking people to see if they are bringing in their own drink, what I was referring to was reducing the price of drinks in there to entice people to buy more drink inside, thus attracting more business.

I know I'm painting this very black and white but at the same time look at all the pubs and nightclubs who have priced themselves out of the market and have now shut down, yet look at the success story of somewhere like the Hurlers that is now doing a lot of business due to cutting prices and marketing themselves heavily.

Slightly off topic but I feel you misunderstood me the first time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Ive been going there 8 years will admit im sick of it but angel lane is horrible, ive went many a time into icon sober lets say i should have got a few medals for it ha. its alays been 12 unless its paddys or new yers usually but for them night im not in limerick dublin 100 times better.I cant complain tho i always get into icon for free with comps ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

anyone who pays €12 into a nightclub needs their head examined.
    I did it myself when I was in my teens to early 20s, and every time I paid in, I never enjoyed it, and thought "why did I wasted a tenner", much prefered late bars, as all I really wanted was more drink, I didn't want to be dancing around....
    You will realise it when you are older kids!! You will understand why no "old people" are in nightclubs!!! Worst of the lot was the "VIP" sections back in the tiger era........Trinity rooms was the worst culprit for this kind of pretentious fake bullsh*t.....in Limerick..:D:D:D:rolleyes: We. Are. Not. In. London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

seachto7 wrote: »
    anyone who pays €12 into a nightclub needs their head examined.
    I did it myself when I was in my teens to early 20s, and every time I paid in, I never enjoyed it, and thought "why did I wasted a tenner", much prefered late bars, as all I really wanted was more drink, I didn't want to be dancing around....
    You will realise it when you are older kids!! You will understand why no "old people" are in nightclubs!!! Worst of the lot was the "VIP" sections back in the tiger era........Trinity rooms was the worst culprit for this kind of pretentious fake bullsh*t.....in Limerick..:D:D:D:rolleyes: We. Are. Not. In. London.

I remember the vip section in trinity rooms had to laugh at it at the time a couple of couches with a bit of velvet rope around them and a few people sitting there looking like proper tossers :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The worst thing for me is that we're limited to these nowadays. Costello's never seems to be open. I was in there on Thursday night and was talking to Flan about it and he said they'd no notion of closing ("Sure I've had this place for 40 years"), but went up there last night and it was shut. I think it's just Thurs, Fri Sat now which is a real pity. How else am I supposed to meet the cute art school girls!

CiaranMT wrote: »
    The worst thing for me is that we're limited to these nowadays. Costello's never seems to be open. I was in there on Thursday night and was talking to Flan about it and he said they'd no notion of closing ("Sure I've had this place for 40 years"), but went up there last night and it was shut. I think it's just Thurs, Fri Sat now which is a real pity. How else am I supposed to meet the cute art school girls!

Cute Art School girls are apparently in Whelans tonight for something or other.

CiaranMT wrote: »

I cant ever remember Costelloes being open late on normal Sunday nights... ???
    Its always been Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Monday being the night for the LSAD students.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Cute Art School girls are apparently in Whelans tonight for something or other.

And of course the inevitable question follows...

why/how do you know that??

TheTownie wrote: »
    why/how do you know that??

The owner told me.

I wish I knew for other reasons but Art students with their crazy outfits and alternative language do not float my boat.

The owner told me.

I wish I knew for other reasons but Art students with their crazy outfits and alternative language do not float my boat.

Yeah most of them are wet lefties...yuck

I remember the vip section in trinity rooms had to laugh at it at the time a couple of couches with a bit of velvet rope around them and a few people sitting there looking like proper tossers :pac:

Me like a fool used to part money to go in that place, and the people who I saw and recognised in the VIP area back then didn't look like tossers. They were tossers and still are.....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

busyliving wrote: »

Yeah i reckon there should be a medal for anyone who does Icon sober :D

Many a night iv done Icon sober.

Might shock ye to know its quite easy to do. Iv also done Angel Lane sober as well as Nancys,trinity rooms and even Mollys sober and the icing on the cake, yes peeps iv done D Lodge yes thats right the lodge sober. Now if anyone thinks of giving me a medal ya can fick off I deserve a bleddy oscar and 5 medals for that

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

The Lodge while sober is unreal| A total cattle mart! Looks like one as well considering how the dj booth and dancefloor are laid out lol...

I'd imagine Costello's will be busy and open late most nights when all the colleges are back... This week onwards, yay :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

being in a pub sober is fine, done it plenty of times. Going into a nightclub sober is another thing. Number one, you are sober enough to actually think about handing over €10+ to go into a club for an hour or so. You are sober enough to not have to queue up for ages at the bar there. You are sober enough to not have to put up with the music in there...
    You are sober enough to think it through and to just not go!!!:D

Advertisement