Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

busyliving wrote: »
    Yeah most of them are wet

Really? Must take a wander up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Roadend wrote: »
    Really? Must take a wander up

Ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Cute Art School girls are apparently in Whelans tonight for something or other.

Ended up there last night :P
    I cant ever remember Costelloes being open late on normal Sunday nights... ???
    Its always been Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Monday being the night for the LSAD students.

Aye twas open last night, was heading up though and turned around, people I was with who were ahead of me said there was an ambulance outside with some lad being brought out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The study mentioned in point 4 of this article - "loud music causes people to drink more" is definitely exploited to the max by the management at Icon:

http://news.menshealth.com/reasons-for-binge-drinking/2012/01/21/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's an old trick. The louder the music in a pub/club, the less talking you do so you tend to drink more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seamus B

bazz26 wrote: »
    Even at €12 D'icon will be a cattle market on a Saturday night. If people didn't pay it they would have to reduce the price.

BTW anyone who goes in there sober is either crazy or or works there.

I must be crazy so.. ha.. I'm not a drinker but i work in pubs/clubs for 7 years.. you get used of it after awhile.. Can see a lot more..
    I know people that have worked there, its not very nice.., and they wonder why they cant keep staff..

Anyone looking for a job just leave your cv there, the "staff required" sign is still up there afaik. its there for a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TONY DAY

The Icon and other night clubs in Limerick will charge excessive prices because they know they will get the crowds regardless. With so few nightclubs in Limerick now its like a cartel really with the few that are left.
    Anyway your much better off going to the late bars in Nancy Blakes or Aubars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The Blind Pig and other late bars all the way. Can't stand these nightclubs, drunk or sober.

Advertisement