Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellpark car park

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Jasus settle lads :), i never said that i was right or entitled to park there, i felt that i had a reasonable justification in parking there as i was using their facilities, i wasnt freeloading.

I wanted to see what the definition of a customer was and i found out. I wont chance parking there again as i dont want to be clamped.

I'm fed up of going there to the cinema when there are games on as parking is a pain to get. I stick to the omniplex during match days. People like you cost that retail park more business than you give to it.

Zarquon out of couriousity whats the difference between you parking there for 2 hours and spending €20 in the cinema and me parking there for two hours and spending €20 in ER ?

Or for that matter what of the person who spends 4 hours browsing and buys nothing?

Shelflife wrote: »
    Zarquon out of couriousity whats the difference between you parking there for 2 hours and spending €20 in the cinema and me parking there for two hours and spending €20 in ER ?
    In the two hour that you were parked there and were gone the spaces could have been used by people who were actively looking or spending.

Friday evening is prime retail / cinema / dining out time - why would they give you a space for two to three hours with the chance of earning €20 when they could have used it for two or more cars with the chance of earning €20 from each.

In your opinion how many of those who did park there and went to the match came back and shopped or browsed there?

pg633 ive no idea how many use the centre that go to the game and im in agreement that it is a problem, i do know that ER is full of supporters afterwards and ive no idea how many go to the g hotel but im sure that some do.

also on occasion in the past my family have browsed shopped there while i went to a match and have used the cinema while i did the same.

you however didntnt answer the question that you quoted though.

pg633 whats the difference?

pg633 ive no idea how many use the centre that go to the game and im in agreement that it is a problem, i do know that ER is full of supporters afterwards and ive no idea how many go to the g hotel but im sure that some do.

also on occasion in the past my family have browsed shopped there while i went to a match and have used the cinema while i did the same.

you however didntnt answer the question that you quoted though.

pg633 whats the difference?
    The difference is that you acknowledge that it is a problem.

You took the space from say 19:30 till 21:30 without spending a penny.

Even if you had returned and had spent an hour in ER spending money you are continuing to occupy a space. The Wellpark Retail Park doesn't benefit in any way from your occupying a space for those two hours - it does benefit when a cinema goer is occupying them or when you are in ER.

But the net result for each of us parking for 2 hours is €20 spent by both of us. only difference is one person remains on site, the other doesnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The difference is the eye could have got my €20 and then when i left you could take my space after the game and still get your €20 for eddies or alternatively you just walk an extra 150m across the road for considering you are able to walk up and down the college road with no problems and give your €20 patronage so that the retail park gets my money and yours.

Also for the record if i go to the eye with my mates then that usually entails a trip to eddies afterwards. If i go to the omniplex that means either mcdonalds or usually supermacs across the road afterwards, so i promise you the retail park is losing a lot more than €20 from me. In fairness for the sake of you not wanting to walk another 150m and to save €2 people with your mentality are costing that retail park a lot of money on match days.

I think your missing my point, if you park your car for say 2 hours and go to the cinema and spend a total of €20 in the retail centre , whats the difference if i do the same? ie park there for 2 hours and spend €20.

btw if you go to the omniplex and go across the road to supermacs, you are in effect leaving the retail centre that you are parked in and you could get clamped :)

But the net result for each of us parking for 2 hours is €20 spent by both of us. only difference is one person remains on site, the other doesnt.
    But it isn't. The time you are away your space could be used by someone like liveyourlife:
    I have twice tried to go to the cinema and not gotten a space in the car park when Connacht games are on. While I fully support people watching the games and encourage it, its simply unfair because I'm not the only one who couldn't get a parking space and had to forget about going to the cinema.
    Instead liveyourlife is actively avoiding it.
    You could still go to ER afterwards and spend your money.

The short answer is you are taking spaces from others who do want to stay in the retail park.

The short answer is you are taking spaces from others who do want to stay in the retail park.

I suppose that this is effectively the answer to the problem and i understand why they brought in the ruling in the end.

My original query was what did the mgmt company define as a customer, and ultimately it ends up that once you leave the retail park you are no longer a customer, regardless of how much you have spent or intend to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think your missing my point, if you park your car for say 2 hours and go to the cinema and spend a total of €20 in the retail centre , whats the difference if i do the same? ie park there for 2 hours and spend €20.

btw if you go to the omniplex and go across the road to supermacs, you are in effect leaving the retail centre that you are parked in and you could get clamped :)

No, you are missing a very simple point. If you pay for the school car park, wellpark gets my money and yours betweeen us as i can park at wellpark. Your usual method means they only get your money as i won't go near wellpark. It's a simple point that you cannot seem to comprehend. You cost businesses money so you can save €2!!! Also who said anything about leaving the car park. At night there is plenty of parking at supermacs too and i would drive across rather than walk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement