Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you fall in love with a personality if a person is ugly

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

lazygal wrote: »
    People are always saying "Oh, looks don't matter, I'm more interested in personality" like they're being really noble. But could anyone fall in love with a total minger with a good personality? How do you get past the mingingness and find out about the "good personality"? Which do you really go for, looks or personality?

1 money>2 looks>3 personaility

ive corrected your critertia.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

None of the women in their real face is ugly I have to say.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

lazygal wrote: »
    People are always saying "Oh, looks don't matter, I'm more interested in personality" like they're being really noble. But could anyone fall in love with a total minger with a good personality? How do you get past the mingingness and find out about the "good personality"? Which do you really go for, looks or personality?
    well possibly.

but never a lazy girl. or gal.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

Never be loved. I must have a good personality:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I hate those make-over shows. They take ordinary looking women & turn them into drag queens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

lastlaugh wrote: »
    A person who is themselves a complete minger is far more likely to 'fall in love'with another minger.

Nah, mingers settle for other mingers, then they tell themselves they are in love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Ugly shouldnt be offputting. If someone is an absolute minger, there's always doggy style.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Only hot people are capable of love, ugly folk don't know the meaning of the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Yes you can.

I have felt very close to gals in the past . Very beautiful inside. I i grew to love every inch of them.

Before they where sluts where and fu1ked me over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

No.
    Anyone who says you can are lying.

There has to be at least some form of atraction. Otherwise, 'dating someone who you dont find attractive' has another, much shorter word ... its called 'using'

LighterGuy wrote: »
    No.
    Anyone who says you can are lying.

There has to be at least some form of atraction. Otherwise, 'dating someone who you dont find attractive' has another, much shorter word ... its called 'using'

What is attractive though. .. I have been with beautiful gals who are dumb and dull. Yet one of the best girls I have ever met is not that nice looking. I really cant forget her. She has soo much more than ........ skinnyness. is that a word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My mammy says I'm handsome :)

A shame she's the only wimmin in the world who thinks that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

How attracted I am to someone depends on how I feel about them. There are plenty of guys I've had little initial attraction towards, but once I've gotten to know them I've suddenly realised they were the most delicious kissable thing on two legs. And then there's people who I have no interest in, or who've annoyed me for whatever reason, and even though I realise that from an aesthetic perspective they may be attractive, they would still hold no appeal for me.

Basically I've found that the more I love someone the better looking I find them.

Hormones are odd things.
    Giselle wrote: »
    Its happened that I've gotten to know someone on a platonic level and as I grew to like and respect him, and found that I'd lots in common with him, I found myself finding myself attracted to him. I wound up with a total crush.

People are a package, you can judge someone on appearance first and find the good looker incredibly dull or annoying, and you can judge the plain looker on his personality and find that the rest starts to look better the more you like them.

I heard of something like this before, it was basically that if a man doesn't find someone attractive initially even after getting to know them & liking their personality he still wouldn't find that woman physically attractive
    but if a woman isn't physically attracted to a man at first, over time by getting to know him & his personality the woman can/will become physically attracted to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

gsxr1 wrote: »
    What is attractive though. .. I have been with beautiful gals who are dumb and dull. Yet one of the best girls I have ever met is not that nice looking. I really cant forget her. She has soo much more than ........ skinnyness. is that a word?

So you dated her? ;)

LighterGuy wrote: »
    So you dated her? ;)

I did for a while. ..

But like most woman of any look. I found her to be in fact Mental. And let her slip away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Ugly = poor

Very rich people don't seem to have problems finding very attractive partners.

Don't know if this is true chief. I may be wrong, because I've never met a mercenary woman, although I'm sure they do exist.

The necessity for a good personality, I think, applies across both genders, but the looks thing is more important to males, while the success (alpha-male) thing is more important to females.

I don't know any women (all other things being equal), who wouldn't be more attracted to a self-made millionaire than a bloke who inherited a billion.

Just my opinion. The women I know would tend to be attracted to a bloke whose money is a by-product of what he is rather than an end-product in itself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't know if this is true chief. I may be wrong, because I've never met a mercenary woman, although I'm sure they do exist.
    How many lonely billionaires do you know ?

money means power

power is an aphrodisiac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

If you spend time over analysing and putting so much emphasis on looks you will always end up disappointed.

Personality will always outweigh the looks for me.

Can't stand a princess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

My problem is as guys go I am beautiful but I have no personality.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Ryan Tubridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Domo230 wrote: »
    My problem is as guys go I have personality but look like a dogs behind.:(

I wasn't been serious, but personality IMO is what really matters. I met an English girl in Gogarties a few years ago, she was heavily scarred obviously from a fire, but she didn't seem to give a sh1t, there she was in a mini and flirting bigtime. I became really attracted to her, but unfortunately those feeling were not reciprocated, I crashed and burned.:(

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Depends on the boobs.
    Or moobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

don't think so, but there is someone I find attractive in a Meryl Streep kind of way, (and I don't mean a young meryl streep) she's not exactly an oil painting but she's got an addictive personality and yet..no..no I can't. /shivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I did for a while. ..

But like most woman of any look. I found her to be in fact Mental. And let her slip away.

Eh, this is when you were about 14 then?

Advertisement