Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accces to CCTV DVR over home network

Options
  • 21-01-2012 7:53pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭

apologies if this is in the wrong location on boards.

I've just had CCTV installed it includes network access but the manual is not overly helpful. I've connected it to the network and can ping it from my laptop / pc however I should be ale to view the images in my browser by entering the ip address of the DVR. So far I've not been able to manage this.

The DVR manul can ber found here

I realise this is probably not the most comprehensive explaination of my problem but any suggestions or help would be very welcom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Try a different browser, say yes to downloading activex stuff. In a dos box can you telnet to it on port 80, ie

Telnet 192.168.1.30 80

Repace the ip with correct one. If u cannot then its web server is not running.

Is the pc a work one, migt be a proxy set.

What happens when you pint the browser to the ip address ?

Advertisement