Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Entry Requirements

Options
  • 21-01-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I was looking at courses on the UCD website and it seems that not all courses require you to have a Leaving Cert pass in a language and/or a science subject. Is this correct? In NUIG I understand that the entry requirement is
    Minimum grade HC3 in two subjects and passes in four other subjects at H or O Level in the Leaving Certificate including: Irish, English, another language, Mathematics, a laboratory science subject

Is this not the same for all univerities in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

From the NUI website:

"For entry to all degrees, English, Irish, and four other subjects in the Leaving Certificate (GCE/GCSE or other acceptable qualification) are required.

A third language must be included among the other subjects for Arts, Human Sciences, Law, Social Science, Commerce, Medicine and Health Sciences and some other degrees.

For Commerce the subjects presented must include Mathematics, and for courses in the Sciences (i.e. Science and also Agriculture, Architecture, Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Veterinary Medicine) Mathematics and a Science subject."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I had thought that Irish was accepted as a second language a number of years ago except for language courses of course

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Well, Irish is accepted as a second language, but for most courses you need Irish and a third language.

Advertisement