Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two questions...

Options
  • 21-01-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

These things are fairly inane but hopefully someone here might know the answers :)

1. Just bought a Quinny Buzz second hand but it looks like the older model (bigger hood than that now shown on the Quinny website). I need to get a raincover & cosytoes for it.

Does anyone know if they have changed design in line with the redesigned hood / seat so that new ones won't fit the earlier version pram? Will I have to try and find the older versions of these to fit my older version pram?

2. My boy is now 6 months old and his soft toys have endured an awful lot of dribbling, however they all say 'surface wash' or 'sponge clean' only.

Am I going to wreck them if I throw them in the washing machine? I just don't think that sponge cleaning them will be a good enough clean if you know what I mean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

As far as I know a lot of the cosytoes are generic.
    We got a Hauck for a Brio pram and it fit perfectly

If you look on ebay you should be able to find generic items to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I put all her cuddly toys in the washing machine, at 40 degrees, wool wash. It wont kill germs but atleast they are closer to the colour they were when we bought them. One little teddy had a teething ring attached and it shriveled when it dried out. Other than that they were fine.

I'd try one and see how your machine gets on with it. If you have one teddy that he will not sleep without, contact the shop and see if you can get another one.

Sorry, dont have a Quinny, so I'm no help there...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

What type of toys are you talking about. I throw all my sons teddies and soft toys in the machine on a hand wash. I even took his high chair apart and threw that in too, apart from the steel frame obviously. It turned out great

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Toys like this one 230597205?$preview$
    http://www.johnlewis.com/230597205/Product.aspx

I can't see what harm it would do putting it in the washing machine, but it does say sponge wash only and I don't want to ruin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jingler

https://www.babyaccessories.ie/contact.php I had a similar kind of question with my old version Quinny Zapp. Asked these guys- very helpful.
    I have also put 'surface clean only' toys in the machine- wool wash and they came out just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

I've thrown the likes of that in loads of times and they were fine. Just make sure its on a very delicate wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

If you pop the soft toys in a pillow case before putting them on a low temperature wash it'll prevent them getting too damaged.

I had a Quinny though not sure on the years of the various models, you might get the info you need here though http://www.quinny.com/ot-en Worse case scenario I'd say if you mailed them a pic of the pram, the should be able to identify which year it is.

I found Ebay great for sourcing accessories for things like this.

Advertisement