Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Smart Link 7 and Windows 7?

Options
  • 21-01-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I had been using a Windows XP laptop for work up until recently. Now using Windows 7 Laptop, but having difficulty installing Smart Link 7 onto my new machine. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, on my old laptop I still have alot of systems uploaded and I was wondering if I could transfer the uploaded systems from one machine to another?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Installed fine on my machine running Windows 7.
    Have you the latest version of Smart link?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

KoolKid wrote: »
    Installed fine on my machine running Windows 7.
    Have you the latest version of Smart link?

Well on the HKC installer section you only have an Irish or UK version of Smartlink to download. So I'm presuming its the most current version.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Version I have is 6.0.117
    What sort of an error are you getting when installing it?
    Ill PM you a contact for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,702 ✭✭✭✭altor

ehealo wrote: »
    I had been using a Windows XP laptop for work up until recently. Now using Windows 7 Laptop, but having difficulty installing Smart Link 7 onto my new machine. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, on my old laptop I still have alot of systems uploaded and I was wondering if I could transfer the uploaded systems from one machine to another?

If you have any problems contact Steven from HKC, he will sort any issues you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

hi altor
    how are you. i see here about smartlink7 is there some where i can get this software or do i have to go directly to hkc?

• Advertisement

hi altor
    how are you. i see here about smartlink7 is there some where i can get this software or do i have to go directly to hkc?

Hi Sean,

All good here thanks.

The smartlink is only for engineers so HKC won't give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

Hi
    Does any one have a copy of smart link that you could send me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

You need to get in touch with HKC and give them your PSA number and they will arrange training for you.

garry gold wrote: »
    Hi
    Does any one have a copy of smart link that you could send me ?

Unless your a registered installer then access to this is restricted.

Advertisement