Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CxC4: GHB Edition / SSF4AE-BBCS2-UMvC3 / 24/3/2012

Options
  • 21-01-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

rBI57.pngJU8NI.png

p3qve.jpg

Venue fee - £3
    Tournament fee - £5
    As always, the venue fee is used to pay for the cost of running the tournament, all money from the tournament fees goes towards the final prizes for that game. Prize money for top 3 in each game are split 60/30/10.

Times

Casuals - 12-1pm, depending on setup times.

Super Street Fighter 4 AE: 2012 - 1:30pm (X360)
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 2pm (X360)
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2 - 2pm (PS3)

Rules
    All tournaments will be groups into double elimination brackets. All matches except for grand finals are best 2 out of 3 games and all games are best 2 out of 3 rounds. Handicaps, round times etc will be set to normal standards (i.e. no Unlimited characters in BlazBlue, 99 seconds per round in all games, etc.).

Grand final sets are best 3 out of 5, with the player from the upper bracket needing to win one set, whereas the player from the lower bracket needs to win two sets (one to equalise, one to win)

Double-blind picks can be requested.

You may change character between matches, however if you beat your opponent in a game you must stick with that character until either you lose a game or you move on to your next match. Ultras and Super Arts may be changed at any time, but the winner of the previous game must pick first.

Buttons-checks should be performed before your match. It is down to each player to confirm that their buttons are set up properly.
    Pauses for any reason (accidental, fixing buttons mid-match, etc.) will be down to the discretion of the non-offending player. They may choose to either take or continue the round. Any events that disrupt a game that are neither player’s fault will be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Button binding is allowed, but the use of turbo buttons are not.

If players cannot agree on a stage, it will be chosen by random select. If both players agree that a stage is unsuitable (e.g. Training stage in BlazBlue), they can restart on a new stage.

We cannot provide players with a controller, it is down to the individual to either bring one of their own or borrow one from another player.
    If using a wireless controller, you must ensure to de-sync your controller when leaving a setup.

If any of the rules change for any reason, we will notify attendees as soon as we possibly can.

Game Specifics
    BlazBlue: The possibility of running BBCS2:Extend is down entirely to whether or not we can obtain enough copies from volunteers. If not it will be CS2 standard.

UMvC3: DLC characters for UMvC3 will not be available.

Etc.
    Staff are allowed to enter tournaments. However, they must contribute to the tournament entry fee just like all regular attendees.

We will be taking photos and videos at this event for promotional purposes. By attending, you accept that any photos or videos taken may be used for CXC promotion.

If there are any questions you'd like to ask, feel free.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Um, is my presence required for recording duties? I usually get a pm in advance just to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I should be up, haven't seen any of you lads in ages so will try my best to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Um, is my presence required for recording duties? I usually get a pm in advance just to confirm.

Yeah it would be nice. Sorry, was going to PM you but I started watching a stream, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Can't use my Shuma/Jill/MODOK team? Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

I'm more than willing to lend my copy of BB:EX, and if Naphiel is going I'm sure he is too. But, unless other people get more copies then we probably won't have enough to run a tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Requesting KoF for CXC5 - The Future is Now. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

CXC5 Lineup: KOF13/VF5/HNK
    Attendance: 3

Vyze wrote: »

At least it would run on time. ;)

Nah the import-friendly PS2 for HNK would crap out so we'd be delayed trying to get it to load up. :P

Vyze wrote: »

CUTS DEEP.

• Advertisement

Update for the poster btw. You can't scale awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

I'll be there.

Lookin' forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I'm all the way down in Cork, but I might be able to get a cheap train ticket over. Just hope I'm not busy on that weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

With extend out in the EU i'm wondering if this is staying CS2? I'd prefer EX but im wondering how many actually have it up north.

Yeah, updating to say that BB will be CS2 Extend. Also to announce that we'll be adding a 4th game to the roster - Street Fighter X Tekken (X360)!

That should be interesting at least, wasn't big on the original lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Might not be able to go to this because of Hypespotting

CXC4: Hypestopping

Ah crap yeah, can't go as I'm going to that.

Crap, didn't notice they were on the same weekend, was thinking of shooting over for the hell of it.

Probably default to this since it's practically on my doorstep though.

• Advertisement

Ah, I see. Is there a large contingent of players heading over for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Cloudpaul wrote: »

bout 8 atm

Cloudpaul wrote: »

7 so far, don't know if more people will head over to it. Wouldn't say it should impact your numbers too much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

anyone still heading to this tourny? im seriously considering it since i dont have to money to go to Scotland for the weekend where as i can easily go to Belfast for the day with a packed lunch.

I'm gonna be there Ben, can't speak for any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

if i'm not working i might head up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

awesome. im guessing we'll all meet up to go up north. will we be travelling by bus or train? (which is the preferred option?)

• Advertisement

I'm going by train.

I will not be entertaining alternatives :D

Advertisement