Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CxC4: GHB Edition / SSF4AE-BBCS2-UMvC3 / 24/3/2012

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Results:
    SFIV 2012: Ladnopoka
    SFxT: Cobelcog
    KOF XIII side-tourney: Scavenger XIII (see here for more)
    Didn't catch the finals of UMvC3 or BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Yreval wrote: »
    Results:
    SFIV 2012: Ladnopoka
    SFxT: Cobelcog
    KOF XIII side-tourney: Scavenger XIII (see here for more)
    Didn't catch the finals of UMvC3 or BB.

UMvC3 was Blinn, BB was Voa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sounds a bit messed up on the vids. Forgot to disable the sound on the webcam and for some reason we couldn't hear it when monitoring. Sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

great tournament! GGs to all!
    special thx to Cobelcog for letting me win AE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Shoutouts to the southerners who made it up, good competition!

Special mention to Doom for bringin up all the gear~ ballin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Return bus fare to Belfast: 25 Euro.
    Entrance to the event: 13 Pounds.
    Miscellaneous snacks throughout the day: <5 Pounds.

Causing someone 150 Euros worth of grief: Priceless.

GGs to all. 'Twas fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Huge thank you to everyone who came and endured the long monotony that was SFxT!

The Results are as follows:-

SFxT
    1st - Cobelcog
    2nd - Newtype
    3rd - Ladnopoka

UMvC3
    1st - Blinn
    2nd - Coco Pops
    3rd - D4rk Onion

BB: CSE
    1st - Voa
    2nd - S-1
    3rd - Xinkai

SF4: AE 2012
    1st - Ladnopoka
    2nd - The Truth
    3rd - Chris "MAHBUDDY" Hu

As always, feedback is welcome. Was 4 games too much? Should something get dropped in favour of something else? More setups? etcetc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    As always, feedback is welcome. Was 4 games too much? Should something get dropped in favour of something else? More setups? etcetc

Four games is fine, but you need to use the setups better. Just run one game at a time on as many setups as possible instead of running three or four games at once.

Make sure everyone running brackets knows the format. We were told winners, losers and grand finals were 3/5 in MVC3, but then for all other games it was just grand finals.

Don't let Xinkai commentate when he can't even get someones name right!

All in all it was good fun as usual, but it ran late again unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I had a blast yesterday despite getting molested in Marvel. My only suggestion would be to maybe stick a photocopy of the brackets up behind each station so it might be easier to track down what was being played when and where and with who. I still don't know the names of anyone that was in my group.

Apologies to the guy I said good game to before our match instead of good luck. Nerves getting the better of me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Four games is fine, but you need to use the setups better. Just run one game at a time on as many setups as possible instead of running three or four games at once.

Make sure everyone running brackets knows the format. We were told winners, losers and grand finals were 3/5 in MVC3, but then for all other games it was just grand finals.

Don't let Xinkai commentate when he can't even get someones name right!

All in all it was good fun as usual, but it ran late again unfortunately.

I apologized ^^;

I was just told to jump on! And I hadn't seen roogle in 2 years, Simon Lau in 1 year! I forgot who was who...

Sorry to both players once again anyway :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hi guys,

GGs on the event. Ran a little over time. I think it was 12.30am before I got home :( but had good fun watchin Ladno beast. His kryptonite wasn't playing in AE.

hype as always and I love the north south fanzone for finals. :p
    run one game at a time on as many setups as possible instead of running three or four games at once.

this ^^ :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I agree staggering the start of tournaments would have been a good idea.

Perhaps if you want to run more tournaments, bite the bullet and do straight up double elim to save a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Neeknak wrote: »
    Apologies to the guy I said good game to before our match instead of good luck. Nerves getting the better of me pacman.gif
    Just say you were making conversation, like "Hey, this is a good game, isn't it? Let's play!"
    Xinkai wrote: »
    I was just told to jump on! And I hadn't seen roogle in 2 years, Simon Lau in 1 year! I forgot who was who...
    (Not racist)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Who's on first.

Advertisement