Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are second hand tyres selling

• 21-01-2012 10:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/2919492

took a pair of good years the exact same as these off one of the tractors last year as i considered them bald. but they had the same thread left as these. ended up throwing them up on the silage pit to cover it but if i thought i would get this money or anywhere close to it I wouldnt be long bringing them back down. I thought nobody wont want tyres with as little tread as that? who buys them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Maybe for a yard tractor??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

Prices of new tyres have gone mad in the past 6 months!! I was pricing a tyre in Aug €400, now it's €550!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭cjpm

bbam wrote: »
    Maybe for a yard tractor??

16.9 R38 That's some yard tractor!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I do wonder about them, I got a pair of 13.6x36 complete wheels, with 50-70% tyres on them last year for €300, no idea how they're worth anything to be honest.

twould hardly pay you to get them mounted surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

i have two tyres 600/65R38 about 80% worn. i won't be too hard on anyone interested in them.

they are a bit awkward for putting up on the silage pit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

My 24 year old tractor, is pretty tierd and emotional, to say the very least at this stage:D
    All four types, are frankly 110% worn. When I got a price recently to have her reshod, I nearly collapsed.
    Made me think its not worth it, unless I get the tractor, entire thing refurbished at same time or trade up a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

When I was a young lad, driving around and sticking the side brake doing the same as handbrake turn was great crack....

Not so crazy about the idea now that I am going to be the one paying for tyres...and brakes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

got a pair of michelin 38 shifted earlier in the year for a fair few quid, they had done 5000hr on my tractor without a problem and I sold them to a contractor as there was at least 2000hr left in them. Was putting on a full new set of Pirelli's so once I shifted the old ones I had cheap set of new tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

i have a set of klebers on the back. they seem to wear well. anyone any experiences with these type tyres. would be tempted to go for another pair when they wear hopefully in ten years time;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

Nobody in their right mind would give that for bald tyres

• Advertisement
Advertisement