Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sellier & Bellot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Many moons ago I think I bought a box, didn't buy a second, can't remember how they done now, don't think I ever shot them at anything living. I do remember externally they looked quite dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

dirt pure and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Glensman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried these bullets?
    The RFD has some of these and I am always tempted to try them, I was wondering how consistent they are and how they perform on game...

The packaging looks like this:
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/Shooting-Storage-Blowout|/pc/105625080/c/109549080/Sellier-Bellot-Rifle-Ammunition/706469.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D109549080%26WTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat105591780&WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat105591780%3Bcat109549080

well lad, i used them in my 6.5x55 when i had it. i shot a couple of deer with them and they worked the finest.
    its bin a while since i used them but they did the job but i found the norma to be my go to bullet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

landkeeper wrote: »
    dirt pure and simple

Thanks!
    poulo6.5 wrote: »
    well lad, i used them in my 6.5x55 when i had it. i shot a couple of deer with them and they worked the finest.
    its bin a while since i used them but they did the job but i found the norma to be my go to bullet

He has Normas as well. I quite fancy trying them so (if they are any good) I can possibly develop a load using Norma soft points in the .270...

That would give me a:
    90gr hp load (Speer)
    130gr BT (SST)
    140gr target/match (VLD)
    and a 130gr soft point (Norma)

Which would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Czech ammo,does what it says it will do,very smokey[dirty],and their ammo boxes are as weak as Hell! almost as if they are made out of the lowest grade of cardboard possible,so expect shell s to be flying all over the place if so much as there is 1% dampness in the air.:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

never chrono'd them but would not group well in my 6.5.
    Shot plenty of deer and goats but that was heart lung where sub moa was not needed.

When compared against Norma, Norma groups were half the size if not smaller.

I bought them for £14 punt a box back in the student days when it was cost effective, missed a lot of rabbits with them, rarely missed with Norma or lapua.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hunter91

I put a couple of boxes of them through my hornet when i had it and didnt like them. Very dirty bullet as in the bore after firing them and not very consistent shooting..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I use them in my marlin xs7 in .308 They're 180gr rnsp and seem to be doing the job well enough out to 200 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Used them in .303 calibre. Great round. Way better than Prvi for accuracy. I'll be sticking with them. As an aside, anyone know what HPS in .303 is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

id buy them in a heart beat i had them for my 243 took down deer and foxs no prob at all right on target what ever the distance in my opionion

• Advertisement
Advertisement