Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched back to eircom but still recieving connection from vodafone.

• 21-01-2012 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, I switched back to eircom after regrettably switching to vodafone. I have the zyxel router(black with just one large antenna) and noticed on the configuration page that I'm connected to vodafones ip and not eircom. I can even connect to the pirate bay!. This router gives me the option to change the ip so if I change it back to eircoms ip under the third dns option on the zyxel router and also update username/password info will I be back on eircoms server?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    Hi, I switched back to eircom after regrettably switching to vodafone. I have the zyxel router(black with just one large antenna) and noticed on the configuration page that I'm connected to vodafones ip and not eircom. I can even connect to the pirate bay!. This router gives me the option to change the ip so if I change it back to eircoms ip under the third dns option on the zyxel router and also update username/password info will I be back on eircoms server?.
    Anyone? Can someone even 192.168.1.254 their eircom router and give me the ip address on the home page. The one that starts with 8

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

--SmItHy-- wrote: »
    Anyone? Can someone even 192.168.1.254 their eircom router and give me the ip address on the home page. The one that starts with 8

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Did you not change your username and password on your router to whatever Eircom uses? If not, you're still logging in via Vodafone.

Also, as I'm planning doing the reverse, why are you switching from Vodafone?

Advertisement