Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graveyard in Ashford

• 21-01-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Could someone give me directions to the RC graveyard in or near Ashford. I'm trying to trace a relative who lived in Ashford in the 70's and is probably buried there.

I found what looks like the RC church on google earth (on the right coming from Dublin) but I cant see a graveyard unless its in the trees across the road from the church?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Rathnew Cemetery is the main graveyard in the area. It is located on Wicklow side of
    Rathnew adjacent to road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

It's also possible that they may be buried in Glenealy cemetery which is in Ashford parish. It's located on a side road to the right of Glenealy village just past the RC church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭tc20

could Killoughter graveyard also be possible?

coming south from Dublin, take the Ashford exit from N11. Take the 1sr exit from the roundabout on the slip road and follow this road. You'll come to a t-junction where you hang a left, graveyard will be on your left a bit further down.

[as i know you enjoy a drive OP, turn left out of the graveyard (if this is the correct one) and left again at the next junction. This is the coast road back to dublin]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

tc20 wrote: »
    could Killoughter graveyard also be possible?

coming south from Dublin, take the Ashford exit from N11. Take the 1sr exit from the roundabout on the slip road and follow this road. You'll come to a t-junction where you hang a left, graveyard will be on your left a bit further down.

[as i know you enjoy a drive OP, turn left out of the graveyard (if this is the correct one) and left again at the next junction. This is the coast road back to dublin]
    A correction to what I've bolded.
    It is on the left (about a mile/1.5km from roundabout) just before a cross roads.(Killoughter xroads) Ignore the t junction bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Or maybe Trinity Graveyard?

Coming south from Dublin, take the first Ashford exit from N11. Take the 2nd left at the roundabout, cross the bridge over the n11 and then take the R764 which is the 2nd left at next roundabout.
    The graveyard will be on your left a km or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement