Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE's Documentary on One

• 21-01-2012 11:42pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone listened to these? I've only listened to half a dozen or so. Interesting, fascinating and moving are how I'd described them. The one about Ann Lovett was very good, though horrifying - the subject was obviously still a sore spot as the documentary maker/reporter was told to f**k off by someone she was trying to interview.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Anyone listened to these? I've only listened to half a dozen or so. Interesting, fascinating and moving are how I'd described them. The one about Ann Lovett was very good, though horrifying - the subject was obviously still a sore spot as the documentary maker/reporter was told to f**k off by someone she was trying to interview.

Old thread. Really enjoyed hurling one today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

honeybear wrote: »

If you enjoy sporting docs, there's a great one on Paddy O Connell. He managed Spanish clubd, most notably Barcelona during the Spanish Civil War.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,889 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

honeybear wrote: »

I'm from Clare so I would have a particular interest but I thought the one covering the counties win in 2005 was very good.

I'm a big fan of documentaries such as those covered on it. Lover hearing people speaking about their experiences without trying to sell or promote something as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭steve_r

I think its very well made.

This one is heartbreaking:
    https://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2016/0625/797981-an-open-verdict/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Check out the dingle sturgeon one. Really fascinating story from some great contributors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Great programme

Advertisement