Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any perks to being a reserve?

• 22-01-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

I have at last been accepted into the Garda Reserve......I couldn't be happier and being a part of such an organisation is an honour for me but was just wondering (as an aside) are there any extra perks to having "the badge", along the lines of getting in free to events and clubs, money off car insurance,etc?

Not important but just thought I would ask for the craic!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

You will get in free to events if you are working at them.

You will get 30% off your car or motorcycle insurance if you pass an advanced driving course as a full member of An Garda Siochana.

On passing you are entitled to full membership of the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists), which is based in the UK.

The reason for this is this is that the UK police and the Gardai are very highly trained with regard to driving courses, and the IAM recognaise this.

If you chose to use your badge for personal gain your service as a reserve in An Garda Siochana will be very short.

Am locking this thread as this is a forum for Garda Reserve Recruitment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement