Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to read and study in Dublin for non-Dublin resident?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have a job interview to research next week. I'll be in Dublin but I'm not resident there at the moment. I need somewhere quite to study and where I'll be staying doesn't provide that. Is there any library I can go to that doesn't require me to be a resident? Dublin City Council libraries seem to require residency.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

You don't need to be a resident to sit and read in the libraries. Ilac would be a good bet, or Pearse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

You don't need to be a resident to sit and read in the libraries. Ilac would be a good bet, or Pearse.

Are you sure of that? Pearse is the one I'd be interested in, but there's mention of needing utility bills and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BrazIrish

Yes, you don't need to be a Dublin resident to use the libraries space. You won't be able to use the facilities like computers or borrow a book but still can read inside and use wi-fi, which is free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

BrazIrish wrote: »
    Yes, you don't need to be a Dublin resident to use the libraries space. You won't be able to use the facilities like computers or borrow a book but still can read inside and use wi-fi, which is free :)

That's great! Thanks to you both!

Advertisement