Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forget childbirth...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I've experienced almost all those supposedly painful things, except the ones with willies and they are just about on the level of What we go through every month!

No kids so I cannot comment on that pain level, but know quite a few girls who were too late for an epidural and had their arse stitched back together after tearing from the birth?

Has any lad online had his nutsack tore opened and stitched back together without any numbing meds? If so that's childbirth

(I no a guy it happened to, he was about 13, tried climbing over 6ft high fence slipped and spike went through and cracked his pelvis bone, was there about 30 mins, firemen had to cut the fence to get him off.. Im sure he's glad he doesn't have to deal with that ever again!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

[points to a scar on chest]

Mary Ellen Moffat.

She broke my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Johro wrote: »
    A sheet of paper? A4 or A3?

A0 would be the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

A0 would be the worst.
    A0 would cut it in half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

A0 would cut it in half.

It'd leave it like a split banana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

It'd leave it like a split banana.
    You can picture it can't ya? You'd have to be held down, nobody's gonna stand for the edge of a sheet of A0 paper being dragged across their knob.
    I may need a lie down. Feel faint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

bfocusd wrote: »
    No kids so I cannot comment on that pain level, but know quite a few girls who were too late for an epidural and had their arse stitched back together after tearing from the birth?

christ almighty what a ****ing way to put it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Forget childbirth, sorry I cannot.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Arpa wrote: »
    You're just like action man mate. "I don't go to hospital until the day afterwards". That doesn't make you hard, just a bit slow. Out there in Oz breaking up your body but not givin a sh*t. Doin' us proud. It's grand though, cus I have a job here.

Everyone has broken something or other in their lifetime, but I was talking about those annoying little things like when you get your pubes caught in your foreskin when you move, or paper cuts..or standing on a nail. Keep up.
    I once had a sprained wrist for 6 weeks before I went to the doctor. To me it was just an annoying pain, ended up with a hand brace for a good while.

• Advertisement

Forget childbirth, sorry I cannot.:eek:

Was this your first child? Are you planning on having any more. One girl in my ward, just hours after having her first baby, asked how long before she could get pregnant again:eek:. She was lucky enough to have time for an epidural, unlike me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I don't know why women whine on about the pain of childbirth.

Sure it's no more painful than having a massive, solid shit.

Must be some shít if you split yourself and lose a pint of blood. How many stitches did you get?

christ almighty what a ****ing way to put it

Tis exactly what happened though, one had twins and she had this blow up donut thing to sit on for about a month till it settled, she had a really hard time with first time round and twins.. Who were underweight and docs insisted she breast feed.. Poor woman was wore out..

Your skin can only dialate so far, so how else is the baby going to arrive, the doc might cut it to help with tissue damage, but not always..

Your Female? Still want kids? haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tis exactly what happened though, one had twins and she had this blow up donut thing to sit on for about a month till it settled, she had a really hard time with first time round and twins.. Who were underweight and docs insisted she breast feed.. Poor woman was wore out..

Your skin can only dialate so far, so how else is the baby going to arrive, the doc might cut it to help with tissue damage, but not always..

Was she unlucky to have a new intern stitching her up? Went out with a doc before. He said he got the hang of it after about the 8 patient. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Buenavistam

Testicles; two. normal hanging position.. Low slung, comfortable,happy.

Dislocated hip; pain .very sore.

Hip put back in socket. Should be ok . One ball missing. Stretched.. Definitely not ok. Definitely sore.

Now dizzy and faint.

[Quote=Larianne;
    Was she lucky or unlucky to have a new intern stitching her up? Went out with a doc before. He said he got the hang of it after about the 8 patient. :eek:

No thank God, she was private and had an elderly experienced doc do it, she was in a bad way, first baby was in distress cause second was laying on it several days, so she pushed like a lunatic and got a tear but the second baby was bigger and made it a million times worse, all with no meds.

• Advertisement

Testicles; two. normal hanging position.. Low slung, comfortable,happy.

Dislocated hip; pain .very sore.

Hip put back in socket. Should be ok . One ball missing. Stretched.. Definitely not ok. Definitely sore.

Now dizzy and faint.

Im sorry cause it sound painfully,but one ball missing... :D oh god.. Where did you find it? Or was it just hiding?

Larianne wrote: »
    Was she unlucky to have a new intern stitching her up? Went out with a doc before. He said he got the hang of it after about the 8 patient. :eek:

When my son was born and checked out to make sure everything was ok, my husband wanted to rush out to smoke a fag and tell his mother that she had a new grandson. He was stopped in his tracks, very politely, by the person stitching me up "go back, this is a bad one", after I heard that I did'nt want to ask how many stiches I got, all I could hear was that my son was alright, even though this was my second child, it was the first time I heard my baby after being born. (My first was born 3 months early at 1lb 12oz).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Buenavistam

Ball in socket .. Hip dislocated a second time. Ball home. Hip joint not so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

On a similar thread here, some guy wrote about getting his ball sac ripped open.

That has to be one in the net! Ripped open the defence.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    On a similar thread here, some guy wrote about getting his ball sac ripped open.

Link?

• Advertisement

for my own sake I skimmed through this post.

I am female, but no I don't want children, never have..... and probably never will. i just cannot imagine that pain.

The proper way to say this is "There was a bit of colletaral damage"

[Quote=stupidusername;
    for my own sake I skimmed through this post.

I am female, but no I don't want children, never have..... and probably never will. i just cannot imagine that pain.[/Quote]

I thought the same, but after 13 years of no kids,in the past 4 years there has been about 10 babies born into my family, cousins etc. inc.

I would like to have kids eventually, my attitude changed in the past year after I was mis diagnosed with health issues. my main issue I have is both my parents are twins, so the genetics are quite high, I've about 11 sets of twins through the family as far as great uncles and second cousins, not all immediate family.

You would have too look past the pain barrier, they say when you see the baby its worth it, just gotta hope it's not like something out of shrek :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

gsxr1 wrote: »
    What is wrong with men these days.. Feckin hell.

I broke my wrist and worked on with it for 3 weeks. . Roofing a house.

I broke my ankle and did not go to hospital till the day after. After the doctor told me to. He called an ambulance

Broke my tibia Falling of a sports bike (that did hurt a fair bit). I may have pissed myself.

5 ribs smashed and it stung a bit for a while. Other bits and bobs broken in the quest to be a normal man who likes sports and ruff.

THEN I SEE SOME POOF ON BOARDs WHINE ABOUT HIS PUBES ... Fecking hell

PONCE !

I decapitated myself opening a bag of taytos once ,
    didnt realise for 3 days until someone casually mentioned I may be going deaf as they kept having to repeat themselves.

I thought the same, but after 13 years of no kids,in the past 4 years there has been about 10 babies born into my family, cousins etc. inc.

I would like to have kids eventually, my attitude changed in the past year after I was mis diagnosed with health issues. my main issue I have is both my parents are twins, so the genetics are quite high, I've about 11 sets of twins through the family as far as great uncles and second cousins, not all immediate family.

You would have too look past the pain barrier, they say when you see the baby its worth it, just gotta hope it's not like something out of shrek :D

yeah i see why you'd be worried about...the birth.
    nah i'm pretty settled on not having them now :)
    alphabeat wrote: »
    I decapitated myself opening a bag of taytos once ,
    didnt realise for 3 days until someone casually mentioned I may be going deaf as they kept having to repeat themselves.

you should probably look up what decapitated means

Bfocusd, don't worry, (I am open to correction here) but with twins once you have the first baby, the second has a way out. With twins it's not the labour I would be worried about, it's what comes after. (by the way I was told I would never have children). Shrek is cute;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

shrewdness wrote: »
    Tearing your banjo string
    O to the M to the G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

K-9 wrote: »

Leo Cullen by any chance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Forget childbirth, here's mongo.....!!! Is that the answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

I've made massive shits that have literally cracked my spine (the same way you can crack your fingers).

The dry ones are the most painful. Surely as painful as childbirth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

You're just like action man mate. "I don't go to hospital until the day afterwards". That doesn't make you hard, just a bit slow. Out there in Oz breaking up your body but not givin a sh*t. Doin' us proud. It's grand though, cus I have a job here.

Everyone has broken something or other in their lifetime, but I was talking about those annoying little things like when you get your pubes caught in your foreskin when you move, or paper cuts..or standing on a nail. Keep up.

Sorry if this offends. But I see a picture of you wearing a dress and crying at a cut on your finger. At 10 years old.

You are not really into gaa, sports or anything really. Are you?

GROW A SET> FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ever get that cramp in your calf muscle? Jesus...

Awwww

I get that the odd time when I sitting on the couch and then have a good stretch

Gulp, the pain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Same as! But(!) u guys have to imagine what it mite be like pushing a pineaplle..not skinned..out ur assole..

cofy wrote: »
    Bfocusd, don't worry, (I am open to correction here) but with twins once you have the first baby, the second has a way out. With twins it's not the labour I would be worried about, it's what comes after. (by the way I was told I would never have children). Shrek is cute;)

I understand your thinking, but usually the first weighs less as the second has been using it as a cushion when they are getting into position. Im not worried about either really, it's a deal with it at the time sort of thing I think. Looking after twins is touch I got the bottle feeds at the same time down, its the first few days of changing the nappies I couldn't hack ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

I've experienced almost all those supposedly painful things, except the ones with willies and they are just about on the level of What we go through every month!

Has any lad online had his nutsack tore opened and stitched back together without any numbing meds? If so that's childbirth
    Showing this to gf :p Out of curiosity, is anal better/worse after childbirth? :D

cofy wrote: »
    Was this your first child? Are you planning on having any more. One girl in my ward, just hours after having her first baby, asked how long before she could get pregnant again:eek:. She was lucky enough to have time for an epidural, unlike me.

Have 2 bambinos.:D I was told a story about a local slapper, who whilst staying in a public ward after the birth of her first child, got down to making more childer with her fella whilst the other new mammys listened on in horror.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Have 2 bambinos.:D I was told a story about a local slapper, who whilst staying in a public ward after the birth of her first child, got down to making more childer with her fella whilst the other new mammys listened on in horror.:eek:
    I really hope that's just an urban legend :eek:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I really hope that's just an urban legend :eek:

Twas a mutual friend told me so I can only hope she was lying. BTW it was a normal delivery, just to add to the yuck factor.:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There was a woman who gave herself a cesarian ....

• Advertisement

There was a woman who gave herself a cesarian ....
    WTF??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

why is that important

why is that important
    Because it means that there was only a flimsy curtain around their bed to give them (and everyone else in the ward) any privacy. If they had their own room and no one else had to hear them, it wouldn't have mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Sorry if this offends. But I see a picture of you wearing a dress and crying at a cut on your finger. At 10 years old.

You are not really into gaa, sports or anything really. Are you?

GROW A SET> FFS

Doesn't offend mate. If it helps you to feel better about yourself I'm glad I can be of service.

How is my interest in sports commensurate with my pain threshold? Because you kick a football around a field doesn't make you more manly.

I played hurling as a teenager for a reputable club in Dublin. I even played in a club final in Croker but I don't see how it's relevant.

See, whilst I played these sporting activities I also received an excellent education and worked hard to get a great job, which is probably the reason why now I'm still in Ireland with my friends and family whereas you, who leaned heavily on machismo as your ticket in life, are now lifting concrete bricks on the other side of the world.

If you're gonna be a smart ass, expect it returned in spades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Slipped disc.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Because it means that there was only a flimsy curtain around their bed to give them (and everyone else in the ward) any privacy. If they had their own room and no one else had to hear them, it wouldn't have mattered.

a private ward would be just as public
    ward implies a public room with several beds

• Advertisement

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/01/1086037758224.html
    So at midnight, after 12 hours of constant pain, the petite, 40-year-old mother of six sat down on a low wooden bench. She took several gulps from a bottle of rubbing alcohol, grabbed a 15-cm knife and began to cut.

By the light of a single dim bulb, Ramirez sawed through skin, fat and muscle before reaching inside her uterus and pulling out her baby boy. She says she cut his umbilical cord with a pair of scissors, then passed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Lady von Purple

Well actually I have never experienced childbirth but there are some bloody awfully painful moments lads have to go through

My sister's labour lasted 30+ hours. Any men here ever been kicked in the nuts continuously for 30 hours? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

My sister's labour lasted 30+ hours. Any men here ever been kicked in the nuts continuously for 30 hours? :eek:

No man would voluntarily take a second, third and forth kick to the balls.
    Case closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I've heard plenty of girls say childbirth is easy but I've never heard one person say a kick in the nuts didn't hurt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement