Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Trailer 2000 euro reward

• 22-01-2012 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

A Nugent 8 x 6 Tipper Trailer belonging to me was stolen from a yard in Killarney. The location of the yard was near the railway crossing in Minish. It was stolen on Wednesday night the 18th January at 11.20pm.

The trailer had mesh sides especially made for it. The mesh sides are detachable. It is a tipper trailer and was full of firewood at the time. The trailer is only a year or two old and is in excellent condition.

A picture of the trailer can be viewed on the Nugent trailers webpage - just look at the tipper trailer that they have. I will upload my own photos of the trailer in the next day or two.

I will pay a 2000 euro reward for information leading to its recovery.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Sickener that!

I'm not seeing the attachment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

A Nugent 8 x 6 Tipper Trailer belonging to me was stolen from a yard in Killarney. The location of the yard was near the railway crossing in Minish. It was stolen on Wednesday night the 18th January at 11.20pm.

The trailer had mesh sides especially made for it. The mesh sides are detachable. It is a tipper trailer and was full of firewood at the time. The trailer is only a year or two old and is in excellent condition.

A picture of the trailer can be viewed on the Nugent trailers webpage - just look at the tipper trailer that they have. I will upload my own photos of the trailer in the next day or two.

I will pay a 2000 euro reward for information leading to its recovery.

a relative of mine had 5000 euro worth of machinery stolen last year , they came in , in the middle of the night , i wouldnt be too confident of finding your trailer , that stuff is usually brought straight to the boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braveheart1

Thanks for the link to the Nugent website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Sorry to hear that. Plenty of scum around watching stuff to steal. Id say the wood was sold on quickly as was the trailer if not on the boat or stored somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

You should keep an eye out on donedeal, Adverts.ie and a few of those auto trader magazines which I believe you can access online anyway. Good luck in recovering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Just want to keep this thread alive as it could be me thats hit next
    Guys keep eyes open for wood or trailer

Thanks for the posts. By the way the trailer was hitched onto my jeep and the hitch was secured with a barrell lock. It took approximately 3 hours from start to finish before the trailer left the yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Jesus they really wanted it so. Was there anyone around asking about the wood or trailer, interested in selling it etc? Notice anyone hanging round, looking at it from the rd etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Thanks for the posts. By the way the trailer was hitched onto my jeep and the hitch was secured with a barrell lock. It took approximately 3 hours from start to finish before the trailer left the yard.

Sorry to hear about your trailer. Did they drill out the barrel or did they bolt off the hitch? I hear some of them have another temporary drawbar that they just bolt on.

It does seem like they went to alot of rounds the ba*ta*ds.

Just goes to show if they want something bad enough, nothing wil stop them :mad:

I hope you get it back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Probably stolen to order. If they were brazen enough to stay at it for three hours.

If it was stolen to order, then the client won't be too worried about the reward unless he/she wants to make a handy €2000 by answering the reward offer. This could be vicous circle.

Does anyone near by have CCTV? Petrol stations looking out on to the road even a few miles away.

They must have drilled out the barrell. There is CTV footage of 2 cars pulling into a yard across the way from where the trailer was. I have a dectective coming to view the footage tomorrow. I had a look at it and cant make out the regs. Even if we could make out the make and models of the cars it would be a help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Well thats a good start. Regs might be false anyway. Could they have towed it behind a car? I presume (rightly or wrongly) that they didn't empty the firewood out of the trailer and may have needed a a jeep to pull it.

The trailer was pulled by a car. A car pulling this trailer filled with firewood would be very unusual. It seems they had no lights hooked up to the trailer. They must have avoided the main roads. No sign of the firewood tipped out anywhere in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Pm'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

those guys had brass neck and brass something else too , wouldnt be much good approaching them armed with nothing but bad language

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

sorry to hear about the trailer. robbed twice last year 26k in total value. culprits got for first robbery and got four months but only 4 pieces of sh*t were recovered. they had tools loaded on a plant trailer behind a stolen northern reg car from monaghan to wexford on a bank hol weekend and nobody stopped them. highly unlikely anyones going to report a load of firewood on the back of a traier this time of year.

Thanks for the posts. The latest update is that the trailer was pulled by a 95 D Silver Toyota Corina. It was spotted that night passing through Barraduff a local village which is on the Mallow road.

Advertisement