Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking on the job

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Only alcoholics drink while they're working.

You're no interrobang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

Course not!

*hic*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He passed the second test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Only alcoholics drink while they're working.

I wouldn't agree. It's quite the continental thing to have a glass of wine with lunch apparently.

I'd personally be more using the "alcoholics" term for people who go out and get wasted Friday night-Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I'd personally be more using the "alcoholics" term for people who go out and get wasted Friday night-Sunday night.
    That's called binge drinking. I do this most weekends but I never drink during the week so I'm not dependent on alcohol which is what an alcoholic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The lunchtime drink is still popular in the UK, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You're no interrobang.

Ah dya remember the Italian gameshow based on the interrobang called Interbang? They had to find leaning tower of Pisas with the interbang symbol on the bottom. Or this could have been a daydream while I was p!ssed at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

That is the question??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

You'd want to be pissed to get on a bastard ATR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

RickRoll wrote: »
    That's called binge drinking. I do this most weekends but I never drink during the week so I'm not dependent on alcohol which is what an alcoholic is.

that's not what an alcoholic is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

shouldn't of had that coffee liqueur from margaret in the airport lounge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

RickRoll wrote: »

I should have added "this isn't what an alcoholic is, but it's closer than a beer at lunch" in hindsight. A beer at work isn't as bad as having 10 pints on a night out imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ah dya remember the Italian gameshow based on the interrobang called Interbang? They had to find leaning tower of Pisas with the interbang symbol on the bottom. Or this could have been a daydream while I was p!ssed at work.
    It was a kids tv series on TCC back in the day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sleepy wrote: »
    It was a kids tv series on TCC back in the day: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interbang

When they had to mail in a crisp and it had to be like a tayto crisp. None of this monster munch shyte and had to stay in one piece. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

chin_grin wrote: »
    When they had to mail in a crisp and it had to be like a tayto crisp. None of this monster munch shyte and had to stay in one piece. Brilliant.

'Risk a crisp'!!?! I think that's what they called it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

El Weirdo wrote: »

It sure is, especially on a Friday. It was a bit of culture shock for me in that regards. :D
    You'd want to be pissed to get on a bastard ATR.

Anything beats "another flight has arrived on time blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Yes I worked in a local offie a few years back and I can honestly say I often had a few before I started work :-) good memories (back in the day)

^^^^ The above was done as a means of recovery from the previous nights boozing

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ForzaSaints

Yeah I enjoy a couple of cans while waiting on the kids to leave school. I drive the bus btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

El Weirdo wrote: »

I remember a few years ago during a Christmas blitz on drink driving the guards nabbed the most people on the East link toll bridge from 12 to 3 they caught all the lunch time drinkers.

So it goes on here as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement