Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When minimum contract period is up do I have to give 30 days notice?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I'm with Meteor at the moment and took out a 12mth contract last year on the 2 February 2011, I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with them yet or not but they will need to offer me a great package to stay, I am seriously considering moving to three, I just got a sim to try out the 3g reception.

Do I need to give meteor 30 days notice before I move to three or is that only in if I was still inthe minimum contract period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No. If you port to another provider after you minimum contract, you do not have to give any notice to your first provider. The porting process is handled by your new provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You can move straight away but they'll charge you for the last month anyway. You should give 30 days notice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Never knew about the 30 days notice, flip! If I give notice to Meteor now but want to take up a deal with three that expired on 31st January, can I order with three on 31st January online, use the number that comes with the phone till my 30days are up and then port my number?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If you're doing it to get a deal that expires soon you might be better off just moving. You'll probably save more with the deal than you'll lose with one month's minimum commitment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks everyone, don't think I will be signing up with three now anyway as they have changed their terms and conditions regarding tethering

Advertisement