Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Tv Remote for Sony(KDL40W4500)

Options
  • 22-01-2012 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,
    We recently got sky installed in our house and when the technician was setting it up he didnt programme the remote to control the sound on the telly. I went on the sky website and got the latest code for my telly which is the Sony (KDL40W4500) and the code is 1853 and also i checked that i have the lastest version of the remote control v.9. I followed the step by step guide on sky to programme the remote which is pretty easy...but every time i do it the sky remote will still not control the sound on the telly. i even tried using old codes for the older versions and different methods of setting it up but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone please help me with this? Or even just give me a reason why it doesnt work on the fe--ckin telly!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

m8 press interactive and follow the guide if it does not work do it for the rest of the codes till it does, it will work I have did this a few times m8

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The main Sky remote code for Sony is 0000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Slight difference when putting in sony codes

Press tv,
    then press services and the red button again, red light flashes twice.
    Press the tv button again,
    enter 0000 on the keypad and u should be in business...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Guily

steveon wrote: »
    Slight difference when putting in sony codes

Press tv,
    then press services and the red button again, red light flashes twice.
    Press the tv button again,
    enter 0000 on the keypad and u should be in business...

Hey steveon,
    that 0000 works but the only problem is when i presss select to save it, it goes and i cant control the volume again. It works like until i try get back into sky then it goes again. Strange ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 limerick.

1679 will do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

limerick. wrote: »
    1679 will do it
    2 years later and its still working - Thank You!!

@ johnwd have you got the same TV model as the advertised in the thread? Cause 3 years later and mines still not working haha

Ok so this goes out to anyone that has the exact same model as me, I've tried loads of codes and from a bit of googling I finally found one that works 1779, just follow the normal procedure to enter it as described by sky.

Sony Bravia KDL40W4500 - 1779

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

0000 is what i would use on all KDL models

Navarre wrote: »
    0000 is what i would use on all KDL models

For some reason 0000 won't work on mine... It works until i try save it and then it just stops working. Strange

• Advertisement
Advertisement