Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you had definitive proof

• 22-01-2012 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

Ok so if you were shown definitive proof that three years from now the world was going to end... what would you do with the last three years of your life????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Enjoying myself just like i'm doing now. we all have to go sometime so enjoy everyday you can. P.S- we will all still be here in 2013 so i hope the 2012 spacers don't start commenting on our unrealistic doom. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Return to the mother ship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Take up heroin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Take up heroin
    I really do miss drugs sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

zenno wrote: »
    Enjoying myself just like i'm doing now. we all have to go sometime so enjoy everyday you can. P.S- we will all still be here in 2013 so i hope the 2012 spacers don't start commenting on our unrealistic doom. :D

Of course we will... cause Marty macfly went to 2013 :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

He went to 2015, better start inventing those hoverboards..

Squ wrote: »
    He went to 2015, better start inventing those hoverboards..

Have we any inventors in the house?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

I'd do a rolleyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Ok so if you were shown definitive proof that three years from now the world was going to end... what would you do with the last three years of your life????

What difference does it make ?

If there's stuff you want to do, why not do it anyway ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Cos hoverboards haven't been invented yet!

• Advertisement

yeah
    last year i stopped the "one day i'm gonna..." and started doing the things i always wanted to
    and i'm gonna keep doing that while i have the money and time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I'd try my best to get the magical 1,000 posts on boards!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

because statutory rape is illegal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

because statutory rape is illegal

Not even remotely smart or funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,511 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Does the question assume that only one person would have the knowledge? If the information was generally known it could well change the behaviour of the human race in all sorts of ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Because I want to enjoy the rest of my life and not just three years. If I take heroin in three years time it wouldn't matter, but if te world continues it could ruin my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kill everyone else and re-enact "I am Legend" for 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Would it be common knowledge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'd spend the time on fringe lunatic websites spreading word of the impending demise of humanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Stop paying all rent, bills, credit repayments etc. and have a ball with the money.

• Advertisement

I'd spend the time on fringe lunatic websites spreading word of the impending demise of humanity.

And if the knowledge was widespread, I'd start conspiracy theories about how the world isn't going to end and we're all going to be just grand, really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Does the question assume that only one person would have the knowledge? If the information was generally known it could well change the behaviour of the human race in all sorts of ways.
    Thats exacly what I was thinking. We generally don't face the same changes to our lives. Even in a world recession, some people are fecked while others do fine. An impending apocolypse would affect everyone equally & wouldn't be subject to respective current status like most changes.

It would be difficult to predict human behaviour in such a scenario, however IMO greed would most likely play a huge part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

If the proof was really definitive, I wouldn't be the only one to accept it and I fear those last three years would be a time of chaos, anarchy and extreme danger as social order broke down completely. I suppose the way I'd live my life would be one minute at a time, in constant fear ...:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead would dedicate himself wholly and completely to this thread. Would treat it like his own child and type combintions of words until the perfect combination were formed and the thanks rolled in in their thousands.

Knowing that you're about to die is always going to be a frightening prospect but when you're armed with a bucketload of thanks and validation from your peers nothing can scare you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

biko wrote: »
    Kill everyone else and re-enact "I am Legend" for 3 years.

Everyone else? You might have a problem with the ending...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,616 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I get your point,Liam, but some things that we might like to do,we don't for different reasons.
    I'd love to have an indian takeout every day,with a few beers, followed by a whole box of ferrero rocher.And that's just for breakfast!!
    I'd start smoking again,haven't done it in almost 20 years,but if someone says John Player Blue, I get a minor palpitation.:o Disgusting habit,but.....

Obviously if I did all of the above, I probably wouldn't be here anyway in 3 years.
    But some of us might let our hair down and go a bit wild if we thought it wouldn't kill us the next day.

Come to think of it......would probably proposition a few boardies for some wild bedroom antics,seeing as I'd have nothing else to do with my time,bar the smoking and eating.
    So,who's first?

Edit: help Kevin Duffy spend all that money cos I have none,after spending it on the takeouts and cigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

msthe80s wrote: »

Come to think of it......would probably proposition a few boardies for some wild bedroom antics,seeing as I'd have nothing else to do with my time,bar the smoking and eating.
    So,who's first?

o/ and we needn't wait to hear any prophesies.

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Would it be common knowledge?

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Stop paying all rent, bills, credit repayments etc. and have a ball with the money.

So - basically, your goal is to screw over as many people as you can? Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

How would it end?

If we lived on afterwards and it was only anarchy ensuing I'd spend the 3 years preparing for survival, buying guns and supplies.

Then I'd sit on my porch dismantling and cleaning my gun until it started.

Then I'd stand up after 3 years, say, 'It's begun', and take my self off into the woods with my dog.

I'd have a shelter and supply of water scouted, and while the world is in anarchy I'd be sitting by a pond fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

add it to the large list of stuff which no longer bothers me..at all.

and forget about it.

Advertisement