Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learning guitar...

Options
  • 22-01-2012 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Ok so I'm learning to play guitar and i know a rift and i know three cords and can switch between them. I'm looking for songs that contain A D E. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

The wheels on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Motorhead, ace of spADEs

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Seriously, the chords you know suggest key of A, I.e. playing songs starting in A and then changing to D then E. If you press the 1st string ( the thin one ) on the 3rd fret and strum, but only strum the 1st 4 strings, omit the two top ones, you have a basic G, giving you 4 chords.
    You need to practice every day, about 10 or 15 mins min, even when you want to break the guitar off the wall. Do a basic up down strum, and change chords at random. 5 mins a day. Then practice chords and a song or two. It will help with the fingers and chord patterns.
    Try doing about 2 or 3 weeks, adding a new chord revert 2 or 3 days.
    Send me a pm if you want, so I remember this thread, and I will send you a few chords, chord patterns in different keys, and a few basic songs.
    Oh, age and type of music you like so I can try and pick something you like. Or would have heard.

In the meantime practice The wheels on the bus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

12 bar blues. Classic.

A A A A
    D D A A
    E D A A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

Ok so I'm learning to play guitar and i know a rift and i know three cords and can switch between them. I'm looking for songs that contain A D E. Thanks

Pearl Jam - "Black" is just E to A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

Thanks for all the tips... I'm now learning C and G. and have realized that the beatles songs are easy enough ( not to many cords ) so I'm gonna push on.... also found a great website called Justinguitar.com I'd suggest anyone who's trying to learn give it a visit.... i was able to download loads of cords to my phone in the form of a picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭berrycherry

Also i need some strumming tips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

Justinguitar.com has DVD of strumming techniiques for beginners called RUST 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

AC/DC's "Back In Black". The main verse chords go E, D, A. There's a brief single note melody and then back to the chord progression. The're played as power chords but if you're an absolute beginner and haven't learned about them, regular chords will do.

I think The Troggs' "Wild Thing" has the same progression.

U2's "Desire" goes D, A, E, E, A, E.

That's off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Few more listed here..
    http://chainsawguitartuition.net/blog/learn-to-play-20-easy-three-chord-guitar-songs/

Also if you have other songs that are G, C, D you can transpose them (up two semitones) and play the same song in A, D, E ... similarly with songs in C, F, G (transpose down own three semitones)....

Of course this may have the negative effect of making you lazy about learning new chord... So try to set time aside for both learning the new chords and practising the existing chords that you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

dermiek wrote: »
    The wheels on the bus.

:D:D:D That's so wrong, but it made me laugh though :pac:..............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Get Back. If you play it in the key of E.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paligulus1

Key To The Highway (Eric Claptons version).

First one that came to mind was Desire by U2 though!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

paligulus1 wrote: »
    Key To The Highway (Eric Claptons version).

First one that came to mind was Desire by U2 though!!!!

Yeah, mine too. I think it goes D A E A A E, right?

As in the song "Desire"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'm now learning C and G. and have realized that the beatles songs are easy enough ( not to many cords ) so I'm gonna push on....

That's not really true. Some of their songs do feature very few chords (some as few as one or two), but even their early songs often feature quite a few chords (e.g. Please Please Me, their second single, has about seven chords), and they're often quite unconventional chord groupings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Yeah, mine too. I think it goes D A E A A E, right?

As in the song "Desire"
    D-A-E-A-E

Also a nice easy one you can play would be Brim ful of Asha :D
    A (2 beats) E (1 beat) D (1 beat)

Advertisement