Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Journal" comments system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I would imagine it is nothing more than a call to the Facebook/Twitter API for authentication.

Once they have been authenticated, they can post under that account.

(not a web developer, btw, but that is my interpretation)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

Thanks Tom. Doesn't help at all but maybe someone else will shed some light.

Nobody knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Let me get this straight.... You are sitting at your computer on a Sunday morning (a relatively quiet time on this site, in a relatively low traffic forum), pressing F5 on your keyboard waiting for a reply, and when you don't get one within 9 minutes, you post again wondering why nobody has answered you? :)

It's called Facebook Connect. If you google it, there is lots of documentation on how it works.

Just looking for someone who'd know how to implement a comment system like on The Journel.

Seems like you're the one that has issues.

• Advertisement

No offense meant, Cathaoirleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Just looking for someone who'd know how to implement a comment system like on The Journel.

to be fair you have not asked if someone can do the same for you and have not said in your first post if someone can do it for you - you were asking how can it be done - which was answered.

as you have by now discovered its a feature associated with facebook which you can google and then if/when you find a web developer/programmer/designer to work for you then you can ask if they know how to implement it.

(its nice to be nice - being rude to people will not get you any help)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've looked up The Journel and can't find it. Is it a Facebook app?

It's the comments section at the end of every article. They don't have a built in user system - it's tied to a social network account and you have to log in with those credentials. You comment as that account (with optional posting to your wall/feed if you want).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Google it and you will see you can use facebook connect and something similar for twitter.

Both Twitter and Facebook have relatively good apis and besides from a quick google I can see lots of sample code on how to do also.

Or look into Disqus and give more options with less work.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help. Followed this and got it working: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/guides/web/

You could have been a little quicker with your responses considering the urgency of my request. I'll let it slide this time.

All the best.

Advertisement