Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cost?

• 22-01-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Recently I moved and signed up to UPC. The package was the 25 meg broadband and TV for 60 euro a month.

However the first bill I was charged 72 euro and the second one was 69 euro. Can anyone explain if this is normal? Im going to ring UPC tomorrow but just wondering if anyone else experienced this sort of billing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

First bill is likely to be higher depending on how it falls into the billing cycle. There's a good explanation on the back of the bill. My first bill was for five weeks, for example. The VAT increase has pushed up things a little as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭cecilwinthorpe

Go through your bill with a fine tooth comb. My first bill 2 years ago was huge and when I looked at it they had added on the movie channels which I never requested and which I wasnt receiving. I then noticed after they had fixed that, that they were then charging me twice every month for the tv subscription and the broadband subscription. My bill for this month with the tv and 25mb broadband and the VAT increase is €61.75 although this will be the last bill I pay as I have had enough of them and are leaving them. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ive had problems with my upc billing for about 6 months now. its taken me numerous phone calls and emails to resolve. from what i can see their staff are either incompentent or poorly trained or their computer systems are misleading and broken.

theyre great for adding credit to bills to solve the issues but id rather be charged the right amount each month than pay loads one month and nothing the next.

the best option in my experience is to call upc and just ask them how much your monthly recurring amount is. if they say 60 then everything is all right. if they say anything else then you need to sort out the issue.

Advertisement