Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm looking for a good PS3 game.

• 22-01-2012 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good PS3 game... but one I've never played before. Like a fresh experience. But I'm not sure what to get. Any good games spring to mind?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A fresh experience you say? A few one-of-a-kind games then...

Flower - perhaps the most soothing, relaxing and atmospheric game on the console. You are a leaf in the wind, watch how you soar.

Heavy Rain - imperfect (and that's being kind) but it's a different way of telling a story in games.

Child of Eden - the most visually and aurally inventive game in many a year. Hypnotic stuff from beginning to end.

Disgaea 4 - a wonderful starting point if you're unfamiliar with the most hardcore of SRPG series.

Stacking / Costume Quest - Two Double Fine gems, and two charmingly unique games to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have heavy rain and child of eden, not sure about them other ones :p

I was thinking of gran turismo 5. I'm not much of a racing game guy as a rule, but I really enjoyed the racing aspects of Rage, wish their was more of it. Would I be better starting with GT5, or something like motorstorm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good PS3 game... but one I've never played before. Like a fresh experience. But I'm not sure what to get. Any good games spring to mind?

Demons and Dark Souls - My two favourite games of this gen. By a mile.

Catherine: Action, puzzle platformer - definitely a fresh experience. One of the best games out last year.(can be imported now - due for release in EU next month).

Alice: Madness Returns: Another action adventure game.

Shadow of the Damned: Bought it but haven't played it yet -Third person shooter - looks good and was only E12 in gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TommyUnderwear

F1ngers wrote: »
    Demons and Dark Souls - My two favourite games of this gen. By a mile.

Without a doubt, 2 of my favourite games. Would say that Dark Souls is a little more forgiving as Demon Souls is an absolute bastard if you mess up. But the rewards for perserverance on both games are unmatched IMO. Am sure you could pick up Demon Souls for next to nothing 2nd hand but I would defnitely go for the more refined Dark Souls. 2011 game of the year for me.

• Advertisement

I got gran turisomo 5, demon souls, and bulletstorm in the end :) thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

A fresh experience you say? A few one-of-a-kind games then...

Flower - perhaps the most soothing, relaxing and atmospheric game on the console. You are a leaf in the wind, watch how you soar.

Heavy Rain - imperfect (and that's being kind) but it's a different way of telling a story in games.

Stacking / Costume Quest - Two Double Fine gems, and two charmingly unique games to boot.

I agree with these three, awesome games, loved every minute of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

I cant find Flower for ps3 for sale anywhere? Anyone know where I can buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Flower is a PSN game. :)

As for other games, try Rayman Origins. It may be an old school 2D platformer but it's fantastically designed and utterly beautiful to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Enslaved. One of the best single player games on the PS3 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have you played the fallout games? or red dead redemption?

Yeah loved enslaved. And fallout and red dead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can't go far wrong with the Jak and Daxter collection - some of the racing there reminded me of Rage (or vice versa).

Also the Drake series - loved those games can't wait to play the latest.
    And Batman of course.

When its out? Looks pretty good like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭benjo

EDIT: Try adverts.ie

Advertisement